Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Updates:

Today there are several updates to some of the stories we have been following recently.

Iran has been back in the news recently:

'French UN envoy warns of 'strong' risk of strike on Iran'

Gerard Araud says "some countries" won't accept the prospect of Iran crossing nuclear threshold, AFP reports; follows Russian calls for freezing of centrifuge production, ahead of Panetta visit to Israel.

French Ambassador to the United Nations Gerard Araud warned of a "strong" risk of a military strike on Iran if it proceeds on the path to nuclear proliferation, AFP reported on Wednesday.

"If we don't succeed today to reach a negotiation with the Iranians, there is a strong risk of military action," AFP quoted the French envoy as saying in a New York panel discussion.

Meanwhile, US Defense Secretary Leon Panetta was expected to arrive in Israel for talks with counterpart Defense Minister Ehud Barak, talks which were expected to include the Iranian nuclear threat.


France: Iran faces high risk of military strike

Debka weighs in and reveals how far tensions are escalating around the Iranian nuclear situation:

France's UN Ambassador Gerard Araud warned Wednesday, Sept. 28 that Iran runs a high risk of a military strike if it continues on the path to nuclear proliferation. "Some countries won't accept the prospect of Tehran reaching the threshold of nuclear armament," he said. "Personally I am convinced that it would be a very complicated operation …with disastrous consequences in the region."

Ambassador Araud's comment confirmed reports from DEBKAfile's military sources in recent months that US and European sanctions against Iran had been ineffectual and the ayatollahs had no intention of slowing down on their drive for a nuclear weapon.

Tehran was not idle: Tuesday, the day before the war game ended, Adm. Habibollah Sayyari, commander of the Iranian Navy, stated that Iranian warships would be deployed "close to US territorial waters," since the Islamic Republic of Iran considers the US presence in the Persian Gulf "illegitimate and makes no sense."

After Tehran rejected a recent US request to establish a "red phone" link between the countries to avoid unwanted confrontation between their armed forces in the Gulf region, Ali Fadavi, Revolutionary Guards (IRGC) Navy chief, commented enigmatically: "When we are in the Gulf of Mexico, we will establish direct contact with the United States."

The ambassador therefore held out little hope of the long-stalled US-South Korea talks with the North resumed lately getting anywhere on Pyongyang's denuclearization.

All these ominous events – pointed comments by French and British diplomats and the large-scale Russian-Central Asian war game – add up to widespread skepticism about any chance of halting Iran's race for a nuclear weapon or disarming North Korea.


Iranian Navy Plans to Send Ships Near U.S. Waters

The Iranian navy plans to move naval vessels out of the Persian Gulf and into the Atlantic Ocean, "near maritime borders of the United States," the Tehran Times reported Tuesday.

According to the English-language paper based in Tehran, the announcement came from a top Iranian naval officer on Tuesday.

As the global arrogance (forces of imperialism) have a (military) presence near our sea borders, we also plan to have a strong presence near the U.S. sea borders with the help of the soldiers who are loyal to the vali-e faqih (supreme jurisprudent),” said Rear Admiral Habibollah Sayyari, as quoted and paraphrased by the Tehran Times.


20,000 Heat-Seeking Missiles Reportedly Feared Missing From Libyan Warehouse

A recent secret White House meeting revealed that an estimated 20,000 portable, heat-seeking missiles appear to have vanished from an Army warehouse in Libya, ABCNews.com reported.

The new revelations stoke ongoing fears that such weapons, which are light, relatively easy to use and have the capacity to take down a commercial airplane, could end up in the wrong hands as the Libyan war that ousted Muammar Qaddafi winds down.


Icy Comet Elenin Passes Close to Sun, Could be Falling Apart

In August, doomsday prophets speculated that icy comet Elenin would wreak havoc on Earth. Now new images from an amateur Australian astronomer are showing a rapid dimming in Comet Elenin, leading some astronomers to believe that the comet may be falling apart.

Michael Mattiazo, an amateur astronomer from Australia, captured two images of Elenin -- one on Aug. 19 and the other on Sept. 6 -- that show the comet could be disintegrating. The video footage of Elenin shows that the comet began losing some cohesion around late August and early September as it neared the sun.

Officials at the Jet Propulsion Laboratory in Pasadena, Calif., said they are still waiting for the comet to reappear from the near-sun pass before they make any new observations.

Solar and Heliospheric Observatory (SOHO), a U.S. and European satellite observatory, might see Elenin by Sept. 29, according to Space.com. Scientists expect Elenin to pass closest to Earth on Oct. 16. At that time, the comet, which is about two to three miles (three to five kilometers) wide, will be about 22 million miles (35 million kilometers) from the planet.

30 comments:

Jec said...

Wow Scott,
A lot to take in with all of this news. It sometimes is making my head spin and leaving me on the edge of my seat. I only got glimpses and have not yet read through it all yet.

Off topic folks, but wanted to share a CD that I have been sharing with others lately. For those who might have some free time to listen to this CD for free online called: The Coming Global Transformation. This is a very informative CD and a very good audio presentation with even a bit of 'edge of your seat' anticipation too.

Anyway, this is very good for those who do not know Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior and also great for Christians to learn about end-time events. It will also open up a lot of peoples eyes to current events. In this audio The Coming Global Transformation uniquely deals head-on with the Last Days and the related questions in a captivating, concise, and realistic format.

Also, at the website Eternal Productions, I find that this is the only Last Days audio drama that I know of that references many recent news reports and if you were to click on 'download the script' after the end of scene 21, you can go directly to each of the various real life news articles and read them for yourself! Also, you will find scores of Scriptures and tackles the questions the skeptics most often raise. This adds reality and draws in listeners.

I purchased 10 of them but you can get them for much cheaper than I did by buying them in bulk in a ministry version.

Also, you can do what I did and send a none threatening email of The Coming Global Transformation so they can listen for free when they have a chance on line.

Seth said...

Ok,so funny story. I work at a Food warehouse and we have trucks making deliveries all day. They typically sit in their trucks while they wait to get backed into a dock door and usually sleep/read/whatever... Anyway, I get to work today, and as I get out of my car and start walking toward the building, I hear as clearly as anything... a trumpet start playing. Immediately I start looking up, but then I hear it start playing basic scales. One of the truck drivers picked his waiting activity to be practicing his trumpet. Way to build up my hopes only to dash them, Mr Truck Driver. =)

ally said...

Thanks-I hope I get a chance to check that video out!
Well, Iran is really trying to push our buttons aren't they?
Elenin-hmm all this excitement and really not much to it after all, at least so far. I still might consider it a sign in the sky though. I will be thinking on it for a while.
Well, the Jewish New Year approaches. I am expecting this new year to be quite interesting indeed prophetically.
Sukkot or Festival of Booths around this time also. 7 days to spend concentrating and concecrating on the Father. Renewing our love affair with him and waiting for his return. And this festival will be celebrated in the millenium. And those nations who do not go will not recieve rain. So if we are supposed to celebrate it in the new millenium and it was celebrated by Jesus, I find it worthy to at least study up on it.
Anyway all...once again all my love through Christ Jesus. MARANATHA!

ally said...

Oh Seth-so funny! I get like that too now. What an awesome chance to witness to a musician. "Wow, I thought that was the trumpet call I've been waiting for sounded by an archangel" What a conversation starter even if you didn't have time to say too much. He would be curious in the least!
When the earthquake happened here in Va and continues to build and build instead of stopping, I ran outside and looked to the sky, really excited, thinking it might be that instant! Heart racing and so expectant!
It will be soon.
If any of you haven't seen the Charlie Rose interview with Bibi Netanyahu, it is really good. PBS, I never have access to tv so it is by God's hand I caught it indeed. How fortunate it is that Israel has such a wise, honorable, calm and humble leader. Thank You Jesus for providing him in a time like this. I have a feeling he knows God chose him and he is aware of the ramifications indeed!

Anonymous said...

Thanks JEC for the heads-up on "The Coming Global Transformation."

I ran into it in August 2011 & have listened to it several times since then, as well as sending to many of my friends & acquaintances its online link.

It's awsome & so very well done. And the style of this "radio program" presentation reminds me of Orson Welles' radio drama "War of the Worlds":

Indeed as if there is not a war of the worlds now, & ever increasingly so, between our Father's Kingdom & the kingdom of darkness -- with the fate of men's souls & eternity in the balance.

C.B.

WVBORN56 said...

Seth, that was a cute story to illustrate how the Lord is in the fore front of our minds.

Thanks Jec for the additional links...

Keep looking up everyone...I am still holding out for a Rosh Hashanah departure (3 day window) but will keep looking should it come and go...it won't be long much longer anyway you slice it IMHO!

Seth said...

Interesting little thing I found today...

http://www.pcworld.com/article/240590/dead_sea_scrolls_post_in_time_for_rosh_hashanah.html

WVBORN56 said...

oops...make that "much longer" not long much longer...lol

Dutch Treat said...

Scott: I've been pruwing your blog now for 8 months; but never felt compelled to comment before, Thanks for keeping us up to date on news the main stream media won't touch.

Diane said...

Seth, enjoyed your story . Back in April or May of this year, when a national false prophet said we were "supposed" to have "the Rapture/end of the world", I was very slightly watchful. I heard a musical sound and wondered and asked my hubby if it was the "last Trump". No, it was only the ice cream truck, first time this year!Diane

Alice said...

Hi all! I'm really enjoying this teaching by Mark Biltz (a Messianic Jew) on Rosh Hashanah. I think it may have been recorded last year at this time. Just wanted to share...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llOi5nKIb9Q&feature=player_embedded#

Welcome, Dutch Treat!

Caver said...

So, once we cleared the way and let AQ & MB....ehaaa... the rebels.... with unfretted access to the weapons stores we're officially surprised to learn the sophisticated AA weapons that can be used against us are missing. Ahaaaaa.....Right!

Anyone else noticed how the comments have slowed down since prophecy has slowed down to only warp speed. Anyone else starting to wonder if they had become addicted to the fast-n-furious fix.

Scott, ya done and gone-n-created a room full of adrenalin addicts here...now haven't ya? Fess up brother.

gearedup2go said...

Hey Caver, I'm reading today's post whilst lying in my tent hammock. May have to camp out tonight under the stars.

Jec, thanks for the links. After supper I want to listen to it.

Dutch, it's always good to see another one join the family here. Welcome!

Ally, you are always perky and you're a breath of fresh air.

gearedup2go said...

WV, I don't think you have to worry about the grammar police. :-)

Scott said...

Dutch - hello and thanks so much, its my pleasure.

Seth - I had a similar 'incident' a couple of years ago...I was driving down a country road near my house, and a local church was testing or installing an outdoor speaker system and they were playing what sounded like a trumpet - I was SO EXCITED until I realized what was happening - I was certain that it was THE trumpet blast! (until I realized the reality, at which point I felt like an idiot...:)

Caver...I have always felt that the Rapture would actually happen during one of the 'down' periods. Just a hunch....:)....We'll see. But I completely believe that we're getting ever so close.

FWIW - I also firmly believe that prophecy watchers will be gathered together at the wedding feast....I can't wait to meet all of you guys ! :)

Anonymous said...

Scott,
Given your comment above (FWIW) and from what I've heard elsewhere, is it your belief that only the prophecy watchers will be raptured? and the believers that are not watching, left behind?
Thanks,
Kathleen

Anonymous said...

Jec,
I went to the link for The Coming Global Transformation but cannot see how to listen to the cd free online. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Kathleen

Scott said...

Kathleen
All believers will be raptured when the trumpet sounds. I believe the same 'rules' apply to the rapture that would apply at death. Anyone who has accepted Christ will be raptured. It marks the end of the Church Age, and all true believers will go. if I said something above or in the post, it was not my intent.

Recall that in 1 Cor 15: the apostle Paul stated that we will ALL be changed in the twinkling of an eye.

Maranatha!

Anonymous said...

Jec, disregard. I found where it's at, I'm just not getting any sound.

Thanks,
Kathleen

Anonymous said...

Scott, thanks for the clarification.

I see now you were just stating that prophecy watchers will be gathered together, such as sitting together.

I have heard someone on another site state that only those who are watching will be raptured.
Kathleen

Scott said...

Kathleen - I have never seen any scripture that would support that view. I've heard the same, sadly; but it isn't true in my opinion.
God Bless
S

WVBORN56 said...

gearedup glad to hear there are no grammar or spelling police but I have noticed the crowd here is smarter than the average group...I was also impressed with the use of your tent hammock...awesome!

I bought my wife a book called Woman in the Woods some 33 years ago. She has read thousand of books over the years but she never read that one and I never got her to go backpacking once...sigh... but I can watch all the sports on TV I want. I ususally get tired of football games before she does. :)

Waterer said...

Kathleen
I was reading the blessed reminder the other day of what our being ready means. It means In Christ.
As in all things we do, acts of kindness, study, prayer etc. These are works. They are efforts that please the Lord but they don't make us ready. Only the clothing of Christ Jesus does that.Only His death and resurrection save us. He alone judges who has received Him and in given seasons all of us have diverted from His path. But always He takes us back.I think many who are not watching are still HIS and many are faithful to feeding the sheep but have seen the prophecy watchers differently than most of us here. Naybe they haven't been taught or have been overtaught and argued uselessly about viewpoints, but still they are His. Blessed are they who have believed and never seen.. His grace has called all of us and may His calling be effectual in every way... God Blessed us all in Christ Jesus.

Jec said...

Kathleen,
make sure your volume is turned up first. Then click on episode 1 and see if that works. Wait a short period of time to see if it will load up and play. Perhaps the sound card needs to be updated. Sorry, im not very good with computers.

Scott said...

WATERER - Well stated - I agree.

Misty said...

WVB, I just had to come out of my hiding place to say that geared is not exactly out in the woods, she is on her front porch. lol

Anonymous said...

Waterer, thanks for the encouraging reminder that it's not what we do but what He did

JEC. Sound is on and I can see the bar moving as though playing but no sound. I get sound from other sites so don't think it's the sound board. But I can read the script at the end to see what is being said. Thanks for the information and help.
Kathleen

WVBORN56 said...

That is funny Misty....I think she mentioned her camping hammock so I had some hope for her. :)

My daughter bought me a hammock for Fathers day this year and I put it up temporarily in the yard between two pine trees. That was a mistake! Pine trees are full of sap and are generally pretty dirty trees. The porch wouldn't be such a bad idea and it is still outside.

I love God's creation and like seeing it up close and personal!

gearedup2go said...

Hey WV, don't discount me for hangin on the porch. I'm doing this to test the slap cord and fine tune it for the woods. Besides, hubby wouldn't let me go in the woods by myself. :-)

Misty said...

Ok, it is necessary to add that today geared is indeed out in the woods in that hammock and has a great view of the lake from her resting place. :-D