Is A Palestinian State Inevitable?
This is a very interesting article, whether you agree or not. Here are a few of his comments:
While traveling through Israel this month, I’ve been asked by many people if a Palestinian state inevitable, and will it happen this fall? It’s a controversial topic, to be sure, and an increasingly relevant one given the upcoming vote in the U.N. General Assembly this fall. Here’s what I’ve been sharing with people here:
1. The Bible doesn’t speak specifically to the issue of whether a sovereign Palestinian state will be created or not.
2. That said, I tend to believe the geopolitical and prophetic evidence suggests there will probably be a Palestinian state in the not-too-distant future.
I'm not sure if I would agree with this or not. I could see the remaining prophetic events occurring with or without a "PA State".
3. International pressure on Israel to cut a deal, divide the Land, and create a Palestinian state is overwhelming, relentless, and intensifying.
4. Currently, the Palestinian leadership refuses to negotiate directly with Israel. Rather, they hope to unilaterally declare a state by getting the vast majority of countries at the U.N. to vote for the creation of state at the General Assembly session in New York in September.
5. The Palestinians have more than enough votes to pass such a U.N. resolution in the General Assembly (though the U.S. has suggested it would veto a unilateral declaration if it came to the Security Council).
True. I also wonder if we could really count on the U.S. in "crunch time".
9. However, the Bible strongly warns the nations not to divide the Land of Israel and states that all nations who do so will face God’s judgment. The Lord said to the Hebrew Prophet Joel, “And I will gather all the nations and bring them down to the valley of Jehoshaphat. Then I will enter into judgment with them there on behalf of My people and My inheritance, Israel, whom they have scattered among the nations; and they have divided up My land.” (Joel 3:2)
10. Despite this warning, the nations have repeatedly divided the Land of Israel over the centuries.
In addition to points about expecting to see a "PA State" formed, Mr Rosenberg adds this:
So we should expect European pressure to continue to build and eventually a European leader to take the lead and get a deal done — to many, it will look like a wonderful peace deal, at first, but the Bible makes clear it will turn disastrous for Israel, and the Palestinians, and the world.
Let us continue to pray for the Prince of Peace — Jesus the Messiah — to draw more and more people in the epicenter to Himself. This is the only true and lasting hope for peace.
Although I disagree with his thinking that a palestinian state is likely it seems something major has to happen between now and september.
and yet, where is the AC ??
and as I have SAID MANY TIMES,
no AC, no rapture.....
I have NOT changed my mind.
I am NOT going to....
I go by SCRIPTURE, Paul's words...
2 THESS 2
so it would seem that PATIENCE
in waiting for AC's revealing
is the best bet now...
Stephen in Hawaii !!!!
Hi Brother Scott,:)
Yes, I agree, Gods Prophetic events are going to happen no matter if there is a PA state or not. :) The problem has always been that Hamas and Fatah are not united, but rather continue to kill each other. In addition, as Bibi knows, neither group will recognize Israel as a State. They pathetically cant even say the words. Even if they did, we know after decades of not recognizing Israel, they wont mean it.
Either way, we know that death and destruction, Gods Judgment is coming to them. In Isaiah 17:3 for example, the West Bank, is taken down by Israel. Ephraim is in the West Bank.
3The fortress also shall cease from Ephraim, and the kingdom from Damascus, and the remnant of Syria: they shall be as the glory of the children of Israel, saith the LORD of hosts.
But this Judgment of God coming to them, just astounds me. Gods description of the paly’s is so right on accurate its amazing! They have for decades “delt by revenge” with Israel, and have a “despiteful heart to destroy it for the old hatred”. Wow, just wow! And God executes “great vengeance upon them”, with “furious rebukes”. God is really, really angry with them for sure, and He “lays” His “vengeance upon them”. Yike! They are really in for it…
15Thus saith the Lord GOD; Because the Philistines have dealt by revenge, and have taken vengeance with a despiteful heart, to destroy it for the old hatred;
16Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I will stretch out mine hand upon the Philistines, and I will cut off the Cherethims, and destroy the remnant of the sea coast.
17And I will execute great vengeance upon them with furious rebukes; and they shall know that I am the LORD, when I shall lay my vengeance upon them.
God Bless You!
Yep - you are right again Mrs C...
Most of the world has no idea whatsoever that Hamas/Fatah refuse to acknowledge Israel's right to exist - a SLIGHT sticking point indeed.
But God has this covered as you say - all in His perfect timing.
Part of me would like to be here to see it come down....No...On second thought, I'd rather be in New Jerusalem :)
Hello All-Back to one of the oldest games in the book, "hudna". This is war strategy with an islamic name and it means basically...lie to your opponents, make a peace deal that you have absolutely no intentions of keeping, and then when you have gained a position of strength, destroy them. Goes hand in hand with those other great muslim high morals, you are allowed, even encouraged to lie to infidels and kill everyone who doesn't believe exactly the way you do, including other muslims! Wow, what a religion of peace going on there.
I am not really concerned about whatever is decided. I support Israel 100% no matter what! Israel is God's nation, he keeps his promises and it is all going down just like the Good Book says it will. The amazing part to me (as with everything else recently) is not that this is all happrning as prophetized, but all the twists and turns and wild movements to get there. Look at how different the world is now than 6 months or a year ago! I see God's hand all over the place. Not just in ancient promises, but in all these current events. And if the recent past is any indicator, fasten your seat belts. All Glory to God!- ally
Mrs C-thanks for reminding me about Joseph's dream!
Thats a great point Ally, one that shouldn't be forgotten - "Hudna" is exactly what is being practiced here. Once new borders are established, the Muslim attack won't be far behind.
And the hand of God right behind, on their behinds! I remember the 67 war and it didn't take long, 7 days. And this time I doubt it will take 7 hours!
Post a Comment