Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Keeping An Eternal Perspective



Keeping an Eternal Perspective During This Election




It’s hard to keep an eternal perspective when you are constantly bombarded with political hype. All of us need to pause, take a deep breath and remind ourselves that our true home is not America; rather, it is Heaven.
Regardless of the outcome of the election and what happens thereafter, God is still on the throne, and He still laughs at all the feeble efforts of the world’s political leaders to thwart His purposes (Psalm 2:1-6). He is not laughing because He does not care. No, He is laughing because He has the wisdom and power to orchestrate all the evil of Satan and Man to the triumph of His Son.
In the meantime, as the world grows increasingly dark, those of us who profess Jesus as our Lord and Savior need to stand strong in behalf of righteousness (Matthew 5:10-16).
One of my heroes in the faith is Don Wildmon, the founder of the American Family Association (AFA). He has stood boldly against the increasing immorality in our society for years, and he and his son, Tim, continue to do so. The sad thing is that he has often reported that some of his main critics come from within Christianity and many of them are pastors!
He says a typical letter he gets from pastors, reads something like this:
Don, you are wasting your time. Evil has greatly multiplied since you began speaking out about it. You need to face up to the fact that you are losing the battle.
I love the response that Don always gives to such a letter:
God did not call me to win. He called me to stand. We will not win until Jesus returns.

And then, my friends, when Jesus does return, we are going to win BIG TIME, for Jesus is returning to pour out the wrath of God on those who are currently mocking Him and His Word. And then, Jesus is going to start reigning over all the world from Mount Zion in Jerusalem, and the world is going to be flooded with peace, righteousness and justice (Isaiah 2:1-4).

I can hardly wait for that glorious day! It is because I yearn for it so passionately that I always tell people:
I’m not a Democrat or a Republican. I am a Monarchist because I am devoting my life to doing everything I can to prepare the way for my soon coming King.
Here’s the way Christian social commentator, Todd Starnes, put it recently in one of his books:
We don’t need more Americans bowing down to the Democrat donkey or the Republican elephant. We need more Americans bowing down to the Lion of Judah.

Ephesians 6:12-13

12) For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places.
13) Therefore, take up the full armor of God, so that you will be able to resist in the evil day, and having done everything, to stand firm.

5 comments:

Sandra said...

Hi Scott,

If you get the same message but from another email address it was me..

Tonight God burdened my heart that I need to sit down and compose a letter explaining my disappearance and millions of others. In the note, it needs to contain a clear message of the gospel and a warning of the "mark of the beast" and the AC. I need to leave it with a full copy of the bible and place it somewhere in my home that it will be found right away. I am passing this on as a suggestion to others that have friends and family that will not listen but will come looking for you.

I sense an urgency in my spirit...time is so close now.

Unknown said...

Awesome reminder, it's easy to get caught up in all the hoopla. Thanks Scott

Scott said...

Sandra Ive heard of people doing that..I have so many bibles around and usually a box of my books, I'm assuming somebody will find those and the array of other prophecy books around. It would be hard to miss here!

Jeff - I know - I was glad to find that article - I had been thinking of something like that for a while

Sandra said...

I have a lot of bibles as well but I going to leave my most read and beloved bible with the letter.

Unknown said...

AFA is great. I can't imagine those discouraging letters are sent by pastors ! No wonder our country is in such bad shape.

Thank you Scott for those verses of truth. We need to take up the full armour of God like never before !