Sunday, March 7, 2021

Protection Amid The Storm:


Psalm 91: Protection Amid the Storm

Joseph Parker



He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress; My God, in Him I will trust” – (Psalm 91:1-2). 

In a perilous world filled with diseases such as the flu and now the Coronavirus, many are very fearful. Inner cities and many other communities are simply dangerous places to be – with drug and human trafficking, muggings, murders, physical and sexual abuse, etc. Where can people go to be safe?

“But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come…” – (2 Timothy 3:1).

In a world where people have been shot in workplaces, schools, churches, and stadiums, we wonder if we can be safe and secure anywhere. Is there any way to be protected from the dangers and perils we see all around us?

Actually, God, in His Word did provide us with a powerful weapon for divine protection. This weapon is found in His Word in the book of Psalms, particularly Psalm 91.

If believers will choose to pray Psalm 91 daily and speak its promises every day, the Lord can protect us mightily.

Are you aware that there is a place in God – a secret place – for believers who desire and believe Him for divine protection? It is a place of protection and physical safety that God teaches us about in Psalm 91. There, you find a collection of protection promises that form a powerful weapon of security and defense that only God can provide. We would be wise to confess those promises over our lives and over our families. The following is one way to pray a prayer based on the wisdom and power in Psalm 91.


Praying Psalm 91 – A Prayer for Protection

Today, I dwell in the secret place of the most high,
and so I abide in the shadow of the Almighty.

Today I say of the LORD,
You are my refuge and my fortress:
my God; in You I trust.

Surely you deliver me from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence.

You cover me with Your feathers, and under Your wings I trust.
Your truth is my shield and buckler.

And so, I am not afraid for the terror by night,
nor for the arrow that flies by day;
Nor for the pestilence that walks in darkness;
nor for the destruction that lays waste at noonday.


More...



No comments: