Thursday, August 18, 2011

Putin Rising: Is He Gog?

Just at the time that we are seeing violent attacks quickly rising in Israel and the fascinating developments of the revived Roman Empire, not to mention the rise of China as a world power, the increasing earthquakes around the world, along with the world's financial crisis, famine, pestilence, and all of the other generational signs - we can often forget about Russia and their end times leader, Gog.

Joel Rosenberg has an interesting review of Putin, who is once again consolidating his power base (I would argue that he never lost his power base, as he basically just changed his title at the time of their political 'transition').

Putin Rising: But is he Gog?

After keeping a relatively low profile for the last several years, Vladimir Putin is rising. In recent weeks, the Russian leader — currently serving as his country’s prime minister — once again has been making headlines, stoking controversy, and seeming to position himself to run for president of Russia again in March 2012. Consider the latest:


Below are just three of the main points listed:

- Putin is talking of creating a Eurasian economic union in Central Asia, similar politically and economically to the European Union but likely dominated by the Kremlin.(link).

- Putin is drawing criticism from Mikhail Gorbachev who says Putin’s political party is a bad copy of the Soviet Communist Party — anti-freedom and corrupt.(link)

- Meanwhile, Putin is fueling speculation that is he is planning to run for president again in 2012 , though he hasn’t officially announced.(link).

A lot can happen between now and then, so it’s by no means certain Putin will return to full power. But should Putin come back, it will not bode well for Israel, the U.S., or Europe. Putin is a power-hungry, greedy, authoritarian, Czar wannabe.


Again, one could argue that Putin doesn't need to run for president, as his current position of Prime Minister holds as much power as he so chooses anyway. Perhaps he prefers the title of president.

To close, Mr Rosenberg focuses his attention to the original question:

Over the years, people have asked me if Putin might be the Russian dictator referred to as “Gog” in the Biblical prophecies of “Gog and Magog” in Ezekiel 38-39. I suspect as Putin continues to re-emerge, those questions will begin to be asked again.

Here’s my quick answer: It’s too soon to draw such a conclusion. There’s much more that would have to happen to indicate that Putin was the “Gog” of Bible prophecy.

But there’s no question in my mind that Putin is Gog-esque.

He is dangerous, and both Israel and the West should keep a close and wary eye on him, especially given all that Putin has done to build a strategic alliance between Russia and Iran and the other countries mentioned in the “Gog and Magog” prophecies.


So in the midst of watching the signs around us, we can't forget that the epic battle of Gog-MaGog still looms on the horizon.

The array of signs around us make it clear that the time for the rise of the antichrist can't be too far away and this fact receives a lot of attention. But the same signs inform us that Gog's time is almost upon us as well.



17 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have always been convinced that
Mr. Putin is INDEED GOG.....but u
need a spark to light a fire....

in this case....

a problem where Iran and/or Syria
were in danger of being taken down
by the Jews....Israel....

then, watch out, Putin will show his
colors very quickly.

Nate Krupp may STILL BE RIGHT FOR
2011, AUG IS NOT OVER YET AND
STOCKS MUST BE WATCHED CLOSELY...

ANY FREEFALL FROM NOW UNTIL
31 AUG WILL BE CONSIDERED A
FUFILLMENT OF HIS PROPHECY
AS FAR AS I AM CONCERNED.

WHICH IMPLIES, A SEP WAR IS NEXT !!!!

STEPHEN >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Anonymous said...

I do believe war is on the horizon, Stephen . . .but I may be wrong, but I don't think it will be September.

Israel is approaching the most dangerous of times in our lifetime as the UN prepares to vote to recognize a Palestinian State in September. I don't believe Israel will do anything to jeopardize that vote going the other way with a pre-emptive strike. But I DO believe war will ensue immediately following the vote in October. Israel's not going to give up it's land without a fight.

The US has at least two battle ships sitting off Syrian waters. Obama is making a lot of noise about Syria, not to intimidate the Syrians, but I believe to prepare Americans for war.

I think right after the UN vote, the US will attack Syria in the name of protecting Syria from it's dastardly dictator.
Both Iran and Syria have stated they'll attack Israel if the US attacks Syria.

So, to create a war in which Israel is forced to give up what the UN decreed . . .the US (Obama) will attack Syria or rather Israel by proxy.

-Robin

Mrs. C said...

Stephen - I have to agree, Putin very much fits the Gog profile indeed. Whom ever "Gog" turns out to be, he will lead his coalition of forces against Israel for revenge, hatred, after the Isaiah 17 war destroys many of Russia’s allies.

I have to disagree with Joel's beginning statement that Putin has kept a "low profile". My goodness, the man poses for pics (usually with his shirt off), every chance he gets. Drives fast race cars, first on the scene when the fires in Russia occurred etc.

Russia and China have been cozying up for quite some time.
They held their first joint military exercises called “Peace Mission 2005” in 2005, and have continued to do joint exercises since.

But CHECK THIS OUT! I came across this back when obumer was first running for office. This is amazing! The SCO, or the "Shanghai Cooperation Organization"! I would post their link, but its under maintenance, so Ill post this Wikipedia link about this organization. Check out the members! But even MORE FREEKY, CHECK OUT THEIR LOGO! Look familiar!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shanghai_Cooperation_Organisation

Anonymous said...

The UN can't pass a palestinian state if even 1 member vetoes, correct? If that's the case I don't get what the big deal is since it's obvious that America will veto. Or am I wrong on something?

Anonymous said...

Not sure with the current administration the US will vote no on the Palestinian state. I think this administration is not as pro-Israel as some think. I believe it could go either way.

Scott said...

Anon (last comment above) - I have been concerned about this from day 1...I don't see any US support for Israel as a "done deal" by any means.

Robin - excellent points, I agree.

Mrs C - thanks for that link -- headed there now :)

Jec said...

Hi everyone! Things are really heating up and very hard to keep up. Scott helps to narrow it all down. Thanks again Scott foe what you do. Don't know if anyone posted this from Gary Stearman

http://www.prophecyinthenews.com/category/daily-update/

Very good about Gog

Anonymous said...

im pretty sure obama knows if he votes for an independent palestine, he loses every chance he had at re-election. the vast majority of this country is pro-israel. i'll eat my crow if it happens, but i dont think theres a chance we don't veto. IMO.

GG said...

Hi Family~

After being away for 5-days with my immediate family on a much needed get-away, I am so grateful to come back to my family here :) We took this time to get back to basics. Camping in a cabin, no TV's, no internet access and good ol' family fun. It was wonderful. Our cabin was run down, green mold about but we were determined to see it through. After trying to clean up the best we could I had the most wonderful experience with the HS that night at the fire. I wanted to know why? Why after much planning, how did we get here and the place we reserved (the nice one wasn't available?) How did the staff seem not to care? How were we so wrong after planning this for months? How can they stick us in a run-down place and we had to make it home and not quit especially while I live with daily pain.

Then the Lord spoke to me and said that he was doing this as a test of faith and character to us all. He wanted me to be grateful for all we had and how quickly it could be gone. He wanted me to know he was with us always. He showed me that this was better than FEMA life would be in a heartbeat. He wanted me to pull my family away from technology and to see what we could do. He also kept telling me a blessing was at the end. I felt so silly after speaking with him and shared that with my husband. Each day the weather was great. We had so much fun. More fun than in years. On the last day when we went to return the keys I asked to speak with the Manager. I shared our frustrations but commended them on their kindness. She explained for some odd reason since May things had been going bad for them there. I shared with her that maybe we are being tested and we can win the battle against the devil. :) I told her I was going to pray for us all and next year will be better. She smiled so big and since we were not blaming her she gave us half our money back! What a wonderful surprise.

In the loving spirit of gratitude I just wanted to say thanks to you all as well. After people watching all week I could see how detached the world is. Here I have a wonderful forum of people who are taking the time to prepare us with the news of Jesus' return. For that and all the love, I am forever grateful to you all.

God Bless!!

GG

PS..Read all the posts this morning. It's amazing to see thing unfolding with Sarkozy, Putin and Soros. Sarkozy and Soros have been two that give my spirit the heebie jeebies for quite sometime. I sense much evil with these two.

Alice said...

Regarding the vote for a PA state, at one time I had heard that the US might abstain (obummer is VERY good at abstaining!) which I was told would be equivalent to a yes vote. I have no idea if this is the case, though.

Alice said...

GG, thank you for sharing that wonderful story! So happy you and your family had such a great time! Our God is so awesome!!!

WVBORN56 said...

Well, if we are leaving as soon as I think we are leaving then Putin as Gog is a foregone conclusion.

Besides if any one fits my mental picture of an evil, over the top, power hungry, self serving, cowboy gun slinger, ego maniac, it would be Putin...

Pretty sure it's him.

WVBORN56 said...

PS does anyone know if Matt Drudge is a Christian? Not only does he do a good job with his articles and headings but many seem to be prophecy related..just curious?

Scott said...

Jec - thanks for that - I'm on the run now (going to worship with Hillsong again! Can't wait!) - I'll take a look tomorrow

I have no idea about M Drudge, maybe someone else does

WV - thats been my feeling for quite a while now on Putin

Alice - I wouldn't be surprised if that scenario is exactly what happens

GG - thats a great story thanks for sharing:)

Alice said...

WVBORN, I thought I remembered a Jewish connection for Matt Drudge. Wiki says his parents are "Reform Jewish Democrats", whatever that means! (I wonder if they still like him! ;) )

Later in the write-up it says that Drudge is "very pro-life", but I couldn't find any hint of whether he considers himself Jewish or Christian....or neither...

But I know what you mean! I check his site regularly and often think to myself, is he watching like we're watching?

Here's the link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matt_Drudge

Caver said...

GG, what an uplifting and wonderful account. Thank you so much for sharing. Ya know, its really true....He does work all things for good for those that love Him and are called according to His purpose. :)

WVBORN56 said...

Thanks for the info on Drudge Alice.