Saturday, August 27, 2011

A Dose of Reality II

Three very interesting articles are seen today and they are all related as we seek a dose of reality.

FINALLY we can see "the bottom line" regarding the "PA Statehood" bid to the UN that we have been following. It really boils down to a simple extortion scheme:

Abbas: 1967 lines, settlements freeze could stop UN bid

In other words, the message to Israel is this:

- Concede indefensible borders which would allow for our "real' goal - the complete destruction of Israel - or we will get it done directly through the UN, and THEN we will destroy Israel.

From the article:

Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas on Saturday set two conditions for abandoning his plan to ask the United Nations to recognize a Palestinian state in September: acceptance of the 1967 lines as the basis for a two-state solution and a cessation of settlement construction.

"We want to fulfill our dream of achieving official recognition of our Palestinian state with full sovereignty over the territories occupied in 1967 and a full membership in the UN."

He said that the Palestinians were going to the UN after having conducted "thorough" consultations with experts and politicians, as well as Arab countries.


At least they are finally coming out and essentially admitting their extortion plans, are just that - extortion plans. In so many words.

Then, we see this article:

Iran Plans to Include Egypt in Terror Axis

Egypt is an interesting story. It has always been assumed that Egypt would be an important player, covertly or overtly, in the Psalm 83-Isaiah 17 scenario, but it seemed hard to believe up until the "Arab Spring" gave rise to the political changes seen in Egypt - with a Muslim Brotherhood takeover (almost complete now) and the most toxic anti-Israeli sentiment we have seen in Egypt in years.

Iran was working behind the scenes to ensure they had yet another partner in the quest to destroy Israel and those plans are now under completion:

Iran has announced it will renew relations with the new Egyptian regime by sending an ambassador to Cairo in several months.

Foreign Minister Ali Akbar Salehi said the move will come as soon as the new provisional military regime in Egypt says it is ready to renew diplomatic ties that were severed in 1979 after Egypt became the first Arab country to sign a peace treaty with Israel.

Cairo’s Foreign Minister Nabil al-Arabi said last April that the new regime is ready to "open a new page" in relations with Iran.

“We are certain that [bilateral] relations will improve in future,” Salehi said on Saturday, according to the government’s Press TV.


Well, of course. This is exactly the scenario that we would expect based upon our knowledge of biblical prophecy.

Almost every element of the coming wars has come together now:

A northern axis of Iran, Hizbullah-dominated Lebanon and Syria already threatens Israel from the north. Adding Egypt, which is under growing influence by the Muslim Brotherhood, to the terror axis would be a bonanza for Hamas-controlled Gaza.


Precisely what we would expect.

Isn't it amazing how every single element of biblical prophecy - without exception - is coming together as biblical propkecy would dictate?

In addition to the above, Caroline Glick has another timely piece and it is well worth reading. It is tempting to post multiple quotes, but her following closing paragraphs are best and worth repeating as often as possible:

Column One: Glenn Beck's revealing visit

Israel’s media didn’t come to their hatred of Beck on their own. Most of it is fueled by American Jewish leftists. Beck ran afoul of the liberal American Jewish establishment through his outspoken attacks on George Soros. In January, Beck ran several shows on Soros, the extremist leftist anti-American and anti-Zionist global financier who has given more than $100 million to radical leftist groups.

Among other things, Beck ran a 1998 interview that Soros gave to CBS News’s Steve Kroft on 60 Minutes. During the course of the interview, Soros admitted that as a boy in Nazi occupied Hungary he collaborated with the Nazis in confiscating Jewish property. Beck dwelled on Soros’s statement and his stated lack of guilt for his actions. Beck considered its impact on the shaping of Soros’s personality.

But in truth the media’s embrace of Israel’s enemies, their rejection of Beck, and most important Beck’s refusal to bow to their conventional wisdom that Israel’s enemies should be praised and its friends should be condemned all reveal the reason that Christian Zionists can be trusted and embraced by Israelis.


And this one should be bolded and framed:

Christian Zionists – like Jewish religious Zionists – are unmoved by the media’s intimidation because of their faith in God, and their reliance on scripture. Their faith provides them with a means of judging reality that is independent of the largely post-religious intellectual commissariat that runs the media and the cultural elite in the Western world. They don’t seek or care about receiving the accolades of the New York Times or other post-religious totems for their actions. And Beck’s message to Israelis is that we shouldn’t care either.


Amen, amen, amen.

With faith in God - the only thing that matters is how God Himself judges us and our actions - and as a result, the media, the 'pundits', the professors, the 'culteral elite', the aggressive political hacks down the street, etc., simply don't matter to we Christians.

We serve only one God and we concern ourselves only with His view of the world.

And that terrifies the MSM.

Therefore we must be destroyed - and the use of ridicule, mockery, sarcasm, and efforts to paint us as stupid and unenlightened are then employed.

Their usual manipulations, application of pressure points, intimidation, use of 'political correctness' as a form of coersion, and all the other methods so commonly used simpy don't work with true, God-fearing Christians.

That is precisely why we see them continue to demonize honest, strong Christian women such as Sarah Palin and Michele Bachmann (just to name two).

One more idea seems obvious.

As long as "we" are around this planet, it would be almost impossible for their delusional utopia to come to completion - a world government led by a world dictator - a world which would, theoretically, bring complete utopia to the entire planet, since government is the answer in a Godless society.

That is yet another reason we know we'll be gone before this plan is completed, and it is found in the prophetic scriptures:

"And now you know what is holding him (the antichrist)* back, so that he may be revealed at the proper time. For the secret power of lawlessness is already at work; but the one who now holds it back will continue to do so till he is taken out of the way. And then, the lawless one will be revealed..."
(2 Thessalonians 2:6-8) (*=my insertion).

According to John Walvoord (and many others), in "The Rapture Question", as quoted in "Signs of the Coming Christ" (pg 160):

"The restrainer clearly refers to the Holy Spirit's presence in the Church, as this interpretation represents the best answer to the grammatical, contextural, and theological questions in 2 Thessalonians. Other possibilities as to the identification of the restrainer, such as human government or some powerful human figure seem highly unlikely.

Understanding the role of the restrainer further confirms that it must be the Holy Spirit residing within the Church: first, this restraint must represent a worldwide influence which suggests omnipresence; second, the restrainer must have supernatural power in order to be able to restrain such potent forces such as worldwide apostasy and the emergence of the Antichrist; third, the restrainer must have some logical reason for ending the restraint of lawlessness and the ability of the Antichrist to seize absolute power."


"There is simply no other likely choice than the Church including the presence of the Holy Spirit as representing this Restrainer.

In addition, the scripture speaks of the Holy Spirit as the One who restrains evil, both in the world (Genesis 6:3) and in the heart of the believer (Galatians 5:16-17)."


We must be removed before this plan can reach completion. It is that simple.

Those who are left behind will be glad to see our removal.

That feeling will be very mutual - although, even from New Jerusalem, we will continue to pray for the salvation of those left behind.

Its just a dose of reality.

30 comments:

Anonymous said...

Magnitude 2.5 earthquake strikes New York/ Governor sends out inspectors to inspect dams.

Anonymous said...

Correction. 2.9 magnitude.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Caver said...

Hello everyone, just a quick visit for a status update....

We came through Irene in great shape. Thank you all for your prayers. Thank You Father for Your protection and grace.

It appears we were just inside the boundary edge for sustained wind and rain. We lost electricity from 3:50 to about 5:30 this morning but have been ok since then.

Has been consistent wind 20-40 with gust to 50 with steady but not driving rain since about 8pm last night. Steady but nothing extreme for us in Raleigh.

House and yards look like a mess but no major trees down. Just bunches of broken off limbs and the dead "stuff" got purged.

It looks to be pulling out for the trip north now.

It was a good day for naps, lolligagging, prayer, and generally staying inside.

Scott said...

Caver
Check your emails please sir :)

Waterer said...

Dear Stephen,

I have been reading your comments about 2 Thess and it stirred me up to study it further. SOme here on the blog were helpful in pointing me to some information to better understand these Scriptures.
I hear in you a desire to obey God not men and in your fervor perhaps you are thinking that we do not have the same desire to please Him.
We do though. We want to please Him too.

One article that was very helpful was The Rapture in 2 Thessalonians 2:3
Dr. Thomas Ice
www.pretrib.org
The Greek scholars quoted are very rock solid and it was especially helpful to see how that word apostasy was used in other passages in order to understand it's meaning.
The research is based on the original language rather than only the Engish translations.
I also began studying Footsteps of the Messiah -by Arnold Fruchtenbaum.
available through amazon even used.
It is so scholarly and yet readable. It has humbled me greatly in seeing how much I don't know and also the value of study in seeing the coordination and harmony of the prophetic Scriptures.

I pray that we will keep our eyes on Jesus the Author and Perfecter of our faith.
When I first heard Scott speak I was relieved to hear him say that he was not going to argue the timing of the Rapture because it is all so close now, and the main truth is that He is coming.
Let us not be arguing and discrediting one another especially
when the English Bible gives no explanation of the use of it's understood meaning of apostacy.
Surely apostacy as we all understand it is afoot as well.
As for me I believe the word means
departure because of the usage in 4 of the 5 other passages wherein the word is used.

WIll you tell me how you read that article Stephen please? Let us be at peace as much as it up to any of us and Let our gentleness be evident to all, the Lord is Near. KR

Scott said...

Stephen
Come on back and state your stuff w/o the caps and in a reasonable way and then lets establish a good discussion re - your points.
God Bless - Hope all is well with you
Scott

Anonymous said...

Magmitude 4.6 earthquake strikes central California coast.

GG said...

Hi Everyone~

I hope this evening finds everyone doing well--especially after the Hurricane you have gone through.

I was out most of the day and just got home. I may sound silly but I felt compelled to post this tonight. I am feeling something odd...no Doc..it's not gas (ha ha).

It's a deep seated feeling like a big rumble is ready to roll. The way I am feeling it right now is like a deep, deep, boom...boom...building up kind of like a sonic boom would. It's stirring in the pit of my stomach. That is the best way to describe it. It feels like it will rock much but not be the big one yet. I have never felt like this before.

Is anyone else feeling anything out of sorts or is this just me? I have not been able to shake it for the last hour. If it's nothing OK...I thought I better check with my spiritual family here.

God Bless!!

GG

Waterer said...

GG-

Have you been eating mrs. C's peanuts???

No Seriously. Take it to prayer.
Oftimes when the big things come God's people all begin sharing their feelings leading up to it.
911 was like that. Two daya before I kept singing snatches of a song I couldn't temember the lyrics to. I asked my husband that Sunday night before he if remembered it. The Word of the Lord is La La La lLa lA

No he couldn't temember having heard it.. That fateful Tuesday I took the phone off the hook as my prayer partners came early to pray and I didn't want to be interrupted. I left them praying to meet a young wife who wanted some counsel. When I met her at the coffeeshop she was white as a sheet. I started to talk and she said don't you know what has happened? Her parents lived a mile fro.m the pentagon. She followed me back to my house. The partners were still praying, we came in and I told them to come see the tv with us.
The horror unfolded. That afternoon the song came.
"The Word of the Lord is
A High tower
the righteous run into it
and they are saved..."

Scott said...

Thats amazing waterer...Wow....Sounds like the Holy Spirit at work huh?

GG said...

I appreciate the support. I thought I had two choices, one to sit on it alone here with my family or two to check with anyone else here to see what may be happening with them.

Silly as it may sound, I wanted to pace back and forth just like a dog would do. We have a little puppy and she is fine. I noticed 2 days ago when I stepped out into the evening sky it seemed like the wind was different. Not blowing wise but as it was speaking to my soul with fuller whispers,but with a confidence. Boy, I must sound crazy right now :) Then I came in and looked at the weather radar and noticed down south in the Florida regions the weather was going retrograde and I figured it was due to the hurricane conditions coming in.

Today and prior to the feeling, I was in total peace and had a great day. Nothing to trigger those emotions or thoughts or feelings. Honestly, I still haven't even read the post here tonight as I wanted to reflect on what this feeling is. Right now as I stepped back out into the night, the stars are out in full display and feel strong. The feeling that I still am getting is a rumble will roll through but not earthquake in form. It feels like it will jar many off their feet and make them grab something near them, shake things up a lot and peace will come.

Thank you for listening. Maybe it's nothing. Maybe it is the HS prompting for something, I hate feeling this way. I guess we will see what the next few days will bring. I trust you all deeply and I would not put myself out here like this if it wasn't something that is shaking me to the core of my soul.

May all of us sleep peacefully tonight.

God Bless!!

GG

WVBORN56 said...

Thanks for sharing GG...no one here thinks you are crazy! God Bless!

We will be praying...

Anonymous said...

Hi all,
A friend of mine from church told me about this blog and I have been reading it faithfully for the past month. I feel that I need to at least introduce myself since I am here so often and read everyone else's comments.

I am really blessed by the blog as well as the comments. It is causing me to focus on Jesus and to get excited about the upcoming rapture. It also has given me a feeling of urgency to pray for lost loved ones.

Blessings,
Kathleen

John Chingford said...

Hello and welcome Kathleen

May your time on this blog be blessed by the Lord. May you be enriched and grow in grace and in the knowledge of the Lord.

John Chingford said...

I have just checked the news. I notice that Irene (which was cat 3) has been downgraded to cat 1 and down to 80-90 mph from the original gusts of 120 mph (I think).

It doesn't seem to have caused too much damage in No Carolina (praise God) but is now over New York causing much damage.

As NY seems to be getting the biggest brunt of Irene, I can't help but think that this is God's warning to the US government over their plans next month to "move the stone" in Israel. What do others think?

John Chingford said...

If you want to know the very latest movement of Irene, here is a website that gives the very latest report of its movements, speed, etc etc. It is called National Hurricane Centre and is located on url:

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/text/refresh/MIATCPAT4+shtml/252349.shtml?

Alice said...

Kathleen, a BIG welcome to you!!!

John, yes I also think this storm could be a warning from above. I am on pins and needles wondering what our government will do at the UN next month...

GG, perhaps that's what the HS in you is anticipating...? In any case, please keep us posted!

GG said...

Hi Kathleen~

Welcome! I just love meeting new people who are seeing Scott's wonderful blog. It has a lot of big hearts on it as you can tell :)

John~ I have to admit a part of me is suspecting the same. The lessons must be applied and more noticeably I believe in the days ahead.

Alice-Perhaps that may be the case. Though I don't feel as antsy and have that constant nagging like I did for several hours, I must say I do have this deep sense of foreboding. Either way, I am so grateful for his love for his children and to know he is watching over us every minute of the day no matter how busy he may be.

God Bless!!

GG

Scott said...

Kathleen - thanks so much for those comments and its so nice to see you here! As far as excitement regarding Jesus' return - I say AMEN sister! Thats what we;re all about

John - I plan on getting to your email later today

GG - I think many of us have these feelings form time to time, and I believe the worse thing one can do is to ignore this kind of "intuition"....Go with it and let it bring you closer to the Lord. The feeling of imminency doesn't mean 'something' has to happen tomorrow or the next day, but soon....soon....I get these ssame feelings from time to time, and it could well be the Holy SPirit letting you know that we're at the very end of the 'season'....

GG said...

Mrs. C~

I hope all is well with you. :) I know you have been very busy with that hard project you are working on. I pray you will find some relief from it very soon.

I had a question I thought you or someone here can help me with. In past posts there has been some mention as we approach the time of fulfilling of Isaiah 17 the Lord is now re-directing his focus from the church to the others. (Sorry if I am not getting this quoted exactly right. I tried to go back but I can't find that set of previous discussions)

I wondered what this means exactly? Would we feel anything different? I appreciate the help and getting understanding on this one.

God Bless!!

GG

GG said...

Hi Scott~

Thank you so much for the understanding. Sometimes things like this can one make feel like they are truly ready to fly over the cookoo's nest :)


God Bless!!

GG

Jec said...

Hi GG,
I'm not sure if we will see Isaiah 17:1 be fulfilled, but it sure seems close with all the chaos in the Middle East. It looks to me that it might be fulfilled sometime after the UN vote when more chaos will be centered around Jerusalem.

During this time, to include the time of Jesus death on the cross(if I'm wrong, can someone correct me please) all the way up to the very moment of the Rapture, is called the "age of grace". We won't be here on planet earth to experience God taking His attention off of us "Gentiles" and refocusing His attention back to The Jewish people. We will be in the bridal chambers with our precious groom(Jesus) celebrating for seven years.

Hope this helps.

Mrs. C said...

Hi GG 
Thank you for your Prayers Sis, believe me, we need them. I have about a week or so left to complete any number of very important documentation.
We have to look to Gods Purposes for the Isaiah 17 war. God is the Narrator of Isaiah 17, and He orchestrates the Isaiah 17 war. The first Verses of Isaiah 17, (Vs1-3) God tells us that His People, not Him, but His People, take out Damascus, Jordan, and the West Bank, and with Jordan (Vs2) He tells us that His People even reclaim a portion of Jordan.. God then tells us in Isaiah 17:4-11, that Israel suffers greatly, barely survives, and God tells us why He allows this to happen to them. Up until this point, God has not interceded to help His People. Only at the end, when there is no hope for them, does He step in as we read in the following Verses.
Isaiah 17:12-13 The enemy nations surrounding Israel- attempt to "rush in" to finish her off. This is when God does intercede, at the end. He rebukes these nations, so as His people will not be wiped out, and the people of these nations "flee a far off". Isaiah 17:14 - Gods Word tells us that Damascus, will be gone in a day.
The “Rebuking” that God does to these nations that “rush in”, I believe will be His fulfillment of His Judgments He tells us of in Ezekiel 25-32.
He is beginning to turn His attention back to His People. He is allowing them to come to the end of themselves, and turn to Him. He is taking them down to the state of nothingness. He is setting the stage for the Ezekiel 38-39 war/invasion (quickly to follow Isaiah 17), which He also orchestrates and allows to happen to them.
Yet, with all they have been through, His People still will not look to Him, not yet. God has still not revealed Himself fully to His People. It is the Ezekiel 38-39 war, that God fully reveals Himself to His People, and restores His Covenant with them. This dear GG, is the most momentous moment in all of time. He tells His People that after thousands of years, He “hid His Face” from them, and He will “hide His Face” no more. That He will be with them from that day forward. He will “pour out His Spirit” upon them. It is so beautiful to read His Words.
Ezekiel 39:28-29
28.Then shall they know that I am the LORD their God, which caused them to be led into captivity among the heathen: but I have gathered them unto their own land, and have left none of them any more there.
29.Neither will I hide my face any more from them: for I have poured out my spirit upon the house of Israel, saith the Lord GOD.
Gods Purpose of the Isaiah 17 war, is to begin the process of bringing His People back to Him. He has yet to fully reveal Himself to His People, nor restored His Covenant with them. He interceded, but nothing like He will in the Ezekiel 38 war. The completion of His Purpose for His People, will be fulfilled with the Ezekiel 38-39 war when His attention is fully back on His People, and His Covenant with them restored. That can't happen till the Church is gone, because the Church and Israel are mutually exclusive to Him. (Romans 11:25 & Acts 15:13-18) By the end of the Ezekiel 38 war, we the Church will be gone…Praise You Lord God Almighty Forever!

GG said...

Hi Jec-

I appreciate the clarity on this. I thought this was something we would witness and I wondered, though he is a mighty God, how this would affect us spiritually. Would we still feel the same level of awareness with the help of the HS or would we be understanding in nature but having to ride out more presumable areas of ourselves. I hope that made sense. I will spend much time in prayer and listen and search my heart. Maybe I have some areas of myself to shake-out of as Mrs. C. previously mentioned :)

Have a great Sunday all.

God Bless!!

GG

GG said...

Hi Mrs. C-

Thank you so much for the clarity and help on this. It looks like our posts crossed at the same time:). Big Hugs !!

I appreciate this so much. My spell check picked up presumable instead of pressur able (won't let me type that word :) I will batten down the hatches this week and go into some much needed reflective and prayer mode. I love my daughter sooooo much. My hubby is great. Managing home life and prayer time at times like these has been very hard to say the least.

Have a great day!

GG

Jec said...

GG,
That is a very good question. I reckon that at the twinkling of an eye, when we are changed, then things are going to be quite different as far as the way we see things. Our perspective, our understanding, our assumptions will all change.

1 John 3:2 say this: Dear friends, now we are children of God, and what we will be has not yet been made known. But we know that when he appears, we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is.

According to 1 Corinthians 13:12 which says: Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

Anonymous said...

Jec, I appreciate the scriptures which you shared, especially 1 Corinthians 13:12. I have seen so many ultrasound pictures of unborn babies, including my own children. We treasure those photos, but then when the baby is born, the comparism is like "a poor reflection as in a mirror"(or as another translation says "as through a glass, darkly") , but "then we shall see face to face." What an analogy for what it will be like when we really see Jesus! Diane

Mrs. C said...

Dear Sis GG, :)
No worries, as my Aussi friends used to say! The Holy Spirit is going no where, until the nano second we are Raptured otta here!
Should the Lord tarry, and we do indeed go through some "stuff" for a short time, remember His Promises :) He will NEVER, EVER leave us or forsake us! Nothing in this entire Universe could ever separate us from HIS LOVE! Nothing, nada!
Praise God!
God Bless You Sis!

GG said...

You all are the best!! I feel so blessed to have the input to better guide me as well as my spirit :)

God Bless!!

GG