Sunday, May 5, 2024

Alice in Wonderland


Alice in Wonderland




I used to be shocked and amazed when weird things happened in the world that seemed to be connected to each other, but were too weird to be just a coincidence. Now I think it’s funny. Not in a “ha ha” sort of way, but in a “this is so strange, and so obviously connected with (fill in the blank) I feel like I am sitting ringside in a circus tent” sort of funny.

What is going on? Well, that is kind of a stupid question. You don’t sit in the audience at a circus and when a dozen clowns stumble out of a tiny clown car say, “What is going on?” You may not know how they pulled off the trick, but you know they did. And you laugh. I don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone at a magic show run out of the theatre terrified that something supernatural was going on.

Everyone laughs, and smiles, and is amazed. “Isn’t that something!?” they exclaim. That is sort of what this is like. Until you think about it carefully, then it isn’t funny anymore, and you start wondering what kind of magic is going on. And it is indeed scary. I guess that is where I am with all of this. But only if I think about it. If I don’t think about it, I then wonder when the theatre lights are going to come up and I can go home.

Ah, yes, these sorts of weird things have always happened, you may say. And that is true, to some extent. It does not seem they have happened as often as they are now happening, and they have not, in the past, seemed to be so elegantly correlated with other strange happenings.

Take the recent Key Bridge downing by a large barge-like ship. Many are relating this incident to incidents in the recent movie Leave the World Behind. There was indeed a large red barge as a key character in the movie, but not much else to match up the two incidents. What about the fact the movie was produced by Michelle and Barack Obama? Yeah, what about it? Seems like a stretch, eh? Sure it does, but there is more to it.


More...


No comments: