Gaza terrorists launched an attack on southern Israel on Wednesday night, with mortar fire reaching the Eshkol Regional Council district.
At least one mortar shell exploded in an open area of the region, but local residents were unaware of the impending attack and thus were taken completely off-guard.
The Red Alert incoming air raid system failed to activate and warn the area residents that shelling or a rocket attack had been launched.
Miraculously, no physical injuries were reported, nor was there any significant property damage.
Arab media report that Hamas terrorist leaders are evacuating their headquarters in anticipation of a retaliatory attack by Israel Defense Forces in response to the shelling.
It’s not yet clear which terror group was responsible for the mortar fire, but the Israeli government has said repeatedly that the Hamas rulers of Gaza are held responsible for every action that takes place within the borders of the enclave.
IAF jets hit 3 Hamas targets in northern part of Strip; military says it holds ruling terror group responsible for all attacks from Palestinian enclave
The Israeli Air Force struck a number of targets in the Gaza Strip overnight Wednesday-Thursday, in response to an earlier mortar shell fired from the Palestinian enclave that landed in southern Israel.
The military said Israeli jets struck three targets belonging to the Hamas terror group, which rules the Strip. The strikes were all carried out in northern Gaza, the IDF said in a statement.
The mortar shell fired from Gaza earlier landed in an open field in the Eshkol region, causing no injury or damage. As Israel’s alert system identified that the projectile was bound for an unpopulated area, no siren was sounded in the region.
The IDF said it holds Hamas responsible for any attacks emanating from Gaza. The military routinely responds to such launches with strikes inside the Palestinian territory.
The Gaza mortar fire came as most of the Israeli public’s attention was focused on the country’s northern borders, as for the third day in a row errant rockets from the fighting in Syria landed in the Golan Heights.
Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon said Wednesday he has never seen tensions on the Korean peninsula as high as they are today and he called on the Security Council to take urgent action to prevent "provocative actions" by North Korea.
Ban, a former South Korean foreign minister, told a news conference that U.S. Ambassador Samantha Power has already begun work with key council members including China on a new U.N. resolution, which is expected to strengthen sanctions on North Korea.
He said it's urgent that the council unite, "show firm resolve" and commitment, and not lose time in sending a strong message to the authorities in Pyongyang that their nuclear tests and ballistic missile launches are unacceptable and must stop.
North Korea conducted its fifth nuclear test last Friday and has launched more than 20 ballistic missiles this year, part of its program aimed at improving the delivery system for nuclear weapons.
"The level of tension on the Korean peninsula has gone much, much higher," Ban said. "Never in the past I have seen such kind of heightened tension on the Korean peninsula."
"So it is very important that the United Nations Security Council should be united and take urgent actions to prevent, first of all, for the provocative actions by DPRK," he said, using the initials of the country's official name, the Democratic People's Republic of Korea.
Two U.S. supersonic B-1 Lancer strategic bombers flew over South Korea on Tuesday morning in a show of force and solidarity with its ally amid heightened tension following North Korea's fifth nuclear test on Friday.
The two bombers conducted a low-altitude flight over Osan Air Base in South Korea, which is 77 km (48 miles) from the Demilitarised Zone border with the North and about 40 km (miles) from the South's capital Seoul.
The scheduled fly-over was delayed from Monday due to weather conditions in Guam, where the bombers are stationed. South Korea's Yonhap news agency said heavy crosswinds prevented the jets from take off.
There is a well-documented history of the U.S. government supplying weapons and arms to both friends and foe for political purposes and for profit. In addition to publicly known global arms deals to U.S. political allies like Israel and Saudi Arabia, revelations about the rise of ISIS indicate that U.S. arms and military trainees have been a critical factor in the rise of the terror group.
From 2006 to 2011 the U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms ran a gun smuggling operation into Mexico to ostensibly dismantle Mexican drug gangs, accomplishing the precise opposite, however, in what has affectionately become known as Fast and Furious.
In a publicly available video testimony an ex-Chicago gang member describes how crates of fully automatic firearms would regularly be found in alleyways and backstreets of urban Chicago at the early hours of the morning, giving free, illegal weapons to the gangs of Chi-Town, which is now often referred to as Chiraq because it is a war zone.
He refers to it as a diabolical plot, a plan, affecting only low-income areas, pointing out that many of the firearms being found were class-3 automatic firearms, which can only be purchased at certain retailers under intense federal scrutiny. He notes that criminals aren’t allowed to buy firearms in the first place, yet the guns are everywhere, so where are they coming from?
Chicago has some of the strictest gun restrictions in the United States with some of the highest rates of gun violence. Gang members are not buying them legally, and the police are pulling guns off the street on a daily basis, so where are they coming from?
Something doesn’t add up.
Massive Cover-up Exposed: 285 Papers From 1960s-’80s Reveal Robust Global Cooling Scientific ‘Consensus’
Post a Comment