Thursday, February 23, 2012

Tipping Points: Syria

It looks like Syria may have moved slightly ahead in the race towards the tipping point in the Middle East:


Despite public denials, military preparations for intervention in the horrendous Syrian crisis are quietly afoot in Washington, Paris, Rome, London and Ankara. President Barack Obama is poised for a final decision after the Pentagon submits operational plans for protecting Syrian rebels and beleaguered populations from the brutal assaults of Bashar Assad’s army, DEBKAfile’s Washington sources disclose.

This process is also underway in allied capitals which joined the US in the Libyan operation that ended Muammar Qaddafi’s rule in August, 2011. They are waiting for a White House decision before going forward.
The nuances of any such decision are interesting:

In Libya, foreign intervention began as an operation to protect the Libyan population against its ruler’s outrageous crackdown on dissent. It was mandated by UN Security Council.

There is no chance of this in the Syrian case because it will be blocked by a Russian veto

Therefore, Western countries are planning military action of limited scope outside the purview of the world body, possibly on behalf of “Friends of Syria,” a group of 80 world nations which meets for the first time in Tunis Friday, Feb. 24, to hammer out practical steps for terminating the bloodbath pursued by the Assad regime.

Preparations for the event are taking place at the Foreign Office in London. Wednesday, Foreign Secretary William Hague said: Governments around the world have the responsibility to act…and to redouble our efforts to stop the Assad regime’s despicable campaign of terror.”
That sounds a lot like "responsibility to protect" doesn't it?



Syrian forces have shot dead unarmed women and children, shelled residential areas and tortured wounded protesters in hospital under orders from the "highest level" of army and government officials, the United Nations said on Thursday.

Independent UN investigators called for perpetrators of such crimes against humanity to face prosecution and said they had drawn up a confidential list of names of commanding officers and officials alleged to be responsible.

Syrian President Bashar Assad's forces bombarded opposition Sunni Muslim districts in the city of Homs for the 20th day on Thursday, activists said, despite international outrage over the reported killing of more than 80 people on Wednesday.

Syria is "on the brink" of civil war and deep divisions among world powers complicate the prospects for ending nearly a year of violence sparked by protests against the regime, the three-member UN panel said in their latest 72-page report.




Israel's "doomsday weapon" revealed? The Navy will soon begin its test-deployment of Israel's new super-submarine, Yedioth Ahronoth reported Wednesday.

The report quoted various foreign newspapers as saying that the new Dolphin-Class submarine's systems will enable it to spends prolonged periods of time at sea and fire nuclear missiles.


According to German media, the Tannin – which will be supplied by the end of 2012 – is the first of three super-submarine slated to eventually be deployed by the Navy. A second super-sub – the INS Rahav ("Splendor") will arrive in 2014 and the third, which has yet to be named, by 2015.


Middle East Risks Becoming A 'Giant Failed State'


With EU countries crafting plans on how to shape events in Syria, David Hirst, a noted British writer on the Middle East, has warned that the Arab uprisings are a kind of "constructive chaos" completely out of Western control.

"What we're now witnessing is the greatest transformation of the region since the end of the first world war," he told EUobserver in an interview in his home in Beirut on Saturday (18 February).

"There is a deep-rooted, inescapable, anti-Israeli feeling in the Arab world," he said. "It's out of control. Nobody can control the Arab Spring ... It's an Arab movement. It's completely Arab."


Iran Court Convicts Christian Pastor To Death


A trial court in Iran has issued its final verdict, ordering a Christian pastor to be put to death for leaving Islam and converting to Christianity, according to sources close to the pastor and his legal team.


Supporters fear Youcef Nadarkhani, a 34-year-old father of two who was arrested over two years ago on charges of apostasy, may now be executed at any time without prior warning, as death sentences in Iran may be carried out immediately or dragged out for years.


It is unclear whether Nadarkhani can appeal the execution order.


“The world needs to stand up and say that a man cannot be put to death because of his faith,” said Jordan Sekulow, executive director of The American Center for Law and Justice (ACLJ).

“This one case is not just about one execution. We have been able to expose the system instead of just letting one man disappear, like so many other Christians have in the past.”

It is also feared that Nadarkhani will be executed in retaliation as Iran endures crippling sanctions and international pressure in response to its nuclear agenda and rogue rhetoric. The number of executions in Iran has increased significantly in the last month.

“This is defiance,” Sekulow said. “They want to say they will carry out what they say they will do.”

Iranian Plan To Annihilate The Jews


Recently, I revealed a shocking piece, "Ayatollah: Kill All Jews, Annihilate Israel," in which a well-known strategist within the Iranian government introduced a new doctrine not only to destroy Israel in a preemptive attack, but also to commit to genocide and kill the Jewish people. The piece got international attention and made headlines across the world.


The facts in my piece were an exact copy of the original piece, which was published in Iran. I even left a link to the Iranian piece that interestingly was not only written in Farsi, but also translated into English. I wanted to make sure that the world could see that my piece was a true and accurate reflection of what was said in Iran.




I wanted the world to see that the jihadists in Tehran had no shame in openly calling for the mass murder of the people of another nation. I wanted the world to realize that we were once again dealing with madmen who had no interest in humanity, love, or peace, and that they were determined to commit a grave crime, based on their belief in glorifying Allah.














The wife of Martyr Mostafa Ahmadi Roshan Behdast, who was assassinated by Mossad agents in Tehran in January, reiterated on Tuesday that her husband sought the annihilation of the Zionist regime wholeheartedly.







15 comments:

Nathan said...

"Friends of Syria " Talk about the most obvious way around the United Nations veto . Lets just hope Russia , China , Iran and Venezuela don't start "Friends of Assad" . Can you say Proxy war . Hey world : How about friends of Israel ? .....

GG said...

Hi Brothers and Sisters :)

I just received the most amazing HS filled moment that I had to stop and come share with you...Auhh...that moment was simply beautiful, it actually brought tears to my eyes.

I was nesting around home when the HS prompted me to go listen to Scotts audio of "Reflections on End Times". It made no sense to me but I did it as I worked around the house a bit. Something amazing happened. From the start of this voice to the message, pure love was pouring out to all the Brothers and Sisters. Simple, pure love at its finest. No facade, just love. The Lord reminded me to feel this moment and to know we are going home to our precious 'family reunion' soon.

A reunion! A celebration! Receiving each other in love, just like we would in our earthly realm at a wedding, church, and even those major celebratory events that all love pours out freely.

He showed me what we know here is nothing compared to what is coming. The tears were rolling as I thought, W.O.W, at anytime I will be meeting you all face to face. We will know each other. Truly know each other forever. We will be working together for our Father, together in greater love and fellowship. We will have greater knowledge than we can even comprehend down here. You know when you know, you just know, but you can't explain it. It will be that and more. :)

I know we talk a lot about living at a time like this. I have to say one of the most beautiful gifts God has given me in these last days, is this wonderful chance to fellowship with you all here and pre-establish our long term friendships that are coming.

How many people can say that they have kept establishing such a close bond daily, prior to going home to our Heavenly Father? It's a rarity. We will always lose some when that day comes.

I know this may sound so over the top, but we all know when the HS works, the tears and love and graciousness just over pours out onto all. Thank you Scott for you and your blessed family and the sacrifices you all make daily to keep us in the will and walk of the Lord. I just had to share what he just pressed on my spirit and heart.

Thank you Jesus for dying for our sins to make such a thing happen as what is coming. Thank you God for being all knowning, and loving us so much that you would send your only son to die for our sins so that we may spend eternity with you and showing us the way. Thank you wonderful HS for being our precious navigator among us each moment of our day.

Thank you Dear Brothers and Sisters for receiving me and my family into your hearts and families for eternity.

God Bless!!
GG

PS..Scott if that was you on the audio, you sound like a good Ol' Boy :)

Anonymous said...

UP AGAIN !!!! anothet new high.

Does not die, up 46 pts....just
under 13,000.....Nasdaq up also.
BUT MUB down big, and I mean REALLY
big. That is the Muni Bond Index...

WHY is that important ??

Cause it is WHERE all the state and
local governments RAISE bond funds.
And there is TROUBLE brewing there.

ANY MORE heavy selling in MUB
will be cause for concern in
stocks....and the USA as a whole.

Bulls are getting VERY GREEDY
having pushed stocks UP to very
high levels. AAPL still above 500
on a close.

I cannot SAY where the top tick in
this market is, I do NOT have in
my possession a TOLL FREE number
to Jesus.

wish I did.

BUT I WILL say, that danger is
increasing for bulls. By the day.

Stephen >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Scott said...

GG

Thanks so much for that. I so wholeheartedly agree with everything you said.

I have been having similar and related moments lately (I wonder how many folks have been?) - and my emotions range from the joy at what is approaching, coupled with a longing to be with Jesus. Sometimes I feel like I just "miss" Jesus so much and the separation from Him is agonizing. Of all the things we are facing - the celebration(s), the reunions, New Jerusalem, the wonders of Heaven, seeing God's face, the lack of pain, being off this sin-infested world, etc etc etc..All of that will be beyond awesome, and I CANNOT wait for that. .Ultimately, I want to be with Jesus and to be in His presence ----> THAT will be the best part of all :) :)

Sharon said...

I was just telling my 8-yo daughter this morning that I can't wait till we are all in heaven. I long to walk and talk with Jesus, asking so many questions face-to-face. She can't wait also.

Anonymous said...

Again, i am not trying to be NEGATIVE but I am trying to figure
out the logic here.

HOW DO U define the word soon ??

That is a HARD word, is it not ??

I can remember someone saying back
on 5 SEP 1999 in Central America
saying they had a REVELATION that
Jesus would be here soon....this
person was 8 at the time......alot
OLDER now of course.

0n 24 FEB 2012.

So how do you deal with that ??

I guess it depends HOW you define it. The word "soon" can mean different things as I have just
pointed out.

Which is WHY I USE EWI to help me.
That is the only way I can tell, even with that there is no perfection.

The word soon is TOO GENERAL, i
only wish someone could be more
specific re the rapture on time
definitions, BUT I really don't
know of anyone in this world that
has that ability.

Stephen >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Scott said...

Stephen
It isn't "soon", its "imminent", which are two very different words/meanings

Imminent means it can happen at any time - there is nothing that has to precede the event - it can happen at any time.

Anonymous said...

Scott >>>>

OIC >>>>

I thought GG used the word soon.

guess it was a miscommunication.

Stephen >>>>>>>>

Caver said...

Stephen, also remember.....

His time is not our time....

One day can be as a thousand years...

and many more.

Look at the signs....

Israel
War & rumors of war
Earthquakes
Famine
Disease
Weather
Gogg and Persia (Russia / Iran)
Isiah 17
Persecution of the Church
Apostasy in the Church
A form of godliness
World Government
Information explosion
Hearts growing cold
Pursuing their own lust
The first generation being given the gift (interest in??) prophecy
The EU
Obama

The list goes on....and on. Its not ONE thing, its EVERYTHING! All the birth pangs.

Scott said...

Additionally, I believe it is both imminent AND soon...:)

Soon - based on what Caver says above AND the fact that this last generation started in the WWI era, and based on that fact, and the 'given' that we are at the very end of the generation, gives us the "soon" in addition to Imminent. IMO its both.

Anonymous said...

I know every generation thinks it is their generation ..But NO generation has had every single thing in place like ours does. Also, you can see how it is like the sand in an hour glass, it is moving ever so fast as we get to the end of our time here on this earth.
I love those HS filled moments. I too miss Jesus and all I want is to be with Him. The wonderful things that we will have is nothing compared to just being with Him. That is all I want. To fill that perfect love that only He can fill us with.

BWest said...

GG, thank you for sharing that moment (and thank you Scott). I couldn't agree more about the fellowship here. Even though I'm not one to comment often, I visit Scott's site and read everyone's comments at least once a day. It truly is a blessing to enjoy the fellowship present here.

God Bless all.

GG said...

Hi Stephen~

That is a good question you ask. I have to say confidently that there was no miscommunication of the message received from the HS in this context. You see, God's Spirit, the HS, will always lead us to the truth while the evil one likes to lead us astray from Gods holy word.

John 16:13-14 “But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come. He will bring glory to me by taking from what is mine and making it known to you.” NIV

As I start my day each day, I humbly say good morning in the Our Father prayer. I learned a couple of years ago that I had to set time aside each day to open the door of communication to God. Not just on the run but truly stop and honor him, kind of with a good morning with his prayer. I always thank Jesus, and the HS too. I also learned while we know we are saved and we are most certainly anointed with the power of the HS;I always like to call on that annointing again when my energies or thoughts are outside the will of God. When I was working, my driving time was my quite time :)

When I do that, a sense of peace that surpasses all understanding would come over me right then. God speaks to us all differently but when I am in his mindset and not mine, he can really speak calmly, lovingly and openly to me. He has given me more messages in two years than ever before. When I feel the quickening in my spirit either for enlightenment and witnessing, I make it a point NOT to sit on that action that is required of me. That holds true for spiritual correction on the errors I make and those people, places and things that may need to be amended promptly by the Lords desire to keep me in his will during my walk with him. Those too need immediate action to repent. He is bringing things to light to correct so we are not being a blessing blocker for his next assignment on his time clock.

He likes us to be clear, unblocked vessels to deliver his messages, for his glory not ours. Remember the purpose is for his work in these last days, not just here like people without a purpose. To have an open, honest communication with our Heavenly Father, we must tap into that daily. A one on one relationship with him. I also tend to think of it like going to school to better educate ourselves and do our assignments to grow and graduate in greater knowledge. It's the same way with him except his wisdom is higher than our thinking and understanding. It truly is a higher powerful feeling you can feel and it's is wonderful! :) It can bring tears to your eyes, it's so beautiful as I am sure you know and you just know it's from him.

It wasn't until I made some lifestyle changes that many doors of communication started to open for me. For example, I am home all day, so being separated in my situation from outside clutter of worldly exposures that go against Gods will for my life has made that a lot easier for me to hear him. I know that is hard for many because the world is around us at every turn. Lots of chatter and personal situations creating distractions away from him hourly.

Also, there are various things I can do at home to stay in the word in some form or fashion even if it's a few minutes a day or an hour. I also have reduced my TV show times, which has reduced the 'chatter' that pulls me away from hearing the clear messages. When I get in my car, I try to listen to a Christian radio talk or music station to fill up on what his message may be for the day. Sometimes it applies to me and hits me hard or it may be nice to learn from other Brothers and Sisters in their struggle and pray for them.

GG said...

For my daughter she likes to come home to quite after a stressful day at school, so that works out nice if she listens to her soft dance music, glad to say she is not a TV kid too much at this point in her young life.

Throughout the day, if I get these 'prompting's or 'quickening' or 'spiritual awakenings', they usually will come speaking in Gods language. (Using his biblical words or the same constant nagging statement until I have done what he has asked). I just know when he speaks now that it is him. No matter what --it has peace, love and purpose that serves him and him alone.

So, I must stop what I am doing and go and see what Gods word says about this message he gave me. I just jot it down somewhere for reference to not lose that anointed feeling and go check it out. Again, this is how it works for me. If I don't have peace about something, I still check it out against Gods word and know that message was not from him. If it is from him, clearly it will be found, in its proper context in the bible :)

If I receive a word that is contrary to God's word then I don't believe it, won't act on it, as it's clearly from the Liar. I just won't have peace about it. Sometimes, the message may not be for me but for someone else. If I block that blessing by not finishing the task at hand, how can I receive more, if I am not being responsible with little?

The evil one has no authority and works only through deceptions and lies. John 8:44-45 “You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father's desire. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies.” NIV

So I guess you can say, that when the Lord speaks I listen one way or the other. The time is drawing near, there is no doubt about it. The message I relayed yesterday is just what he said, SOON. Soon in his timing, not ours. Soon, to be prepared. Soon, time is running out to help others, Soon there will be no more. Soon, the choices will be made one way or the other. Things are wrapping up pretty quickly and Soon we shall be with him and there will not be any more opportunities for us to deliver his message or pray like we can be doing now for others as well as ourselves.
I bet he has some very special insights for you too. I know you must have a busy schedule, but I bet he has some exciting news to share just for you, if you just sit with him alone in prayer and ask for guidance from the HS. I don't get anywhere without the HS. It will be a flat line kind of day (ha ha)

Lastly,if we confess that these messages are from us and not the God then , we defeat the very purpose our Lord envisioned when he prayed this prayer of the Our Father that started the opening of our communication for that day, which was with the intent to acknowledge him in all our ways and to turn ourselves over to him to use us for his glory that day not ours :)

Bless you Brother,I hope you have a great weekend. I have even prayed for some greater awakenings for you. Please share if you ever get some, if you wish. Just as you have been going out to help others, you just know, that you know, that you are supposed to go help, kind of like you did on that one site :) You followed the prompting of the Lord to deliver his message. Though persecuted for it, you were obedient and God has more in store for you as his disciplined one. He has given you some beautiful scenery to just sit with him in, I wish I was there to see that too!

God Bless!!

GG

GG said...

Hi BW...Thank you and I thank God for you too!


Eph 6:12 “For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.”

But as long as we depend on Jesus by following what the apostle Paul advises we are safe:

Eph 6:13-18 “Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth, having put on the breastplate of righteousness, 1and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace; above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one. And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God; praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, being watchful to this end with all perseverance and supplication for all the saints.” NKJV

Philippians 4:7
"And the peace of God, which passes all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus" A K J Version

Corinthians 10:5"We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ