Very Strong Earthquake near Iguala, Mexico - 3 People Killed
Mexico Earthquake: 6.5 magnitude
Strong Quake Kills At Least Three In Mexico
A 6.5-magnitude earthquake struck in Mexico's western Guerrero state Saturday night, shaking buildings and causing panic in the nation's capital and the Pacific resort of Acapulco. Officials said at least three people died, but there were no reports of widespread damage.
Defectors Fight Loyalist Forces In Southern Syria
Hundreds of army defectors in southern Syria fought loyalist forces backed by tanks on Sunday in one of the biggest armed confrontations in a nine-month uprising against President Bashar Assad, residents and activists said.
Troops, mainly from the 12th Armoured Brigade, based in Isra, 40-km from the border with Jordan, stormed the nearby town of Busra al-Harir.
Syrian Military Defectors Battle Loyalists Near Jordan
Army defectors squared off against their former compatriots Sunday in one of the fiercest battles to wrack the country in Syria's emerging civil war. Loyalist forces backed by tanks clashed with hundreds of army defectors in southern Syria, not far from the northern border of Jordan.
A general strike was also called Sunday by the groundswell of opposition sweeping the country, in hopes it would further the move to pressure President Bashar al-Assad to step down from office. Last week, a major oil pipeline from eastern Syria to the central city of Homs was sabotaged.
Netanyahu To Hold Official Bible Studies
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Friday announced that he will reestablish a regular Bible study group at his official residence in Jerusalem. The group will be open to Bible researchers, government officials and invited guests.
Netanyahu made the announcement on the 30-day anniversary of the passing of his father-in-law, Shmuel Ben-Artzi, who was a respected Israeli poet and Bible teacher. Ben-Artzi used to attend the regular Bible studies hosted by Israel's first prime minister, David Ben Gurion.
The father of Netanyahu's Likud Party, Menachem Begin, also used to host regular Bible studies at the prime minister's residence. Netanyahu said he wanted to reinstate that practice in order to encourage love of the Bible among government officials, and by extension, the nation.
Gingrich Says "Enough Lying About The Middle East"
How refreshing to hear the truth from a political figure:
Newt Gingrich broke though taboos against challenging Palestinian Authority double talk and re-writing history...Gingrich, who is leading the polls for the Republican presidential nomination, angered the Palestinian Authority with his remarks in a televised interview in which he stated that "an invented Palestinian people…are in fact Arabs."
In the debate in Iowa, Gingrich said, "Is what I said factually true? Yes. Somebody ought to have the courage to tell the truth. These people are terrorists. It's fundamentally time for somebody to have the guts to stand up and say, 'Enough lying about the Middle East.'
"When the president keeps talking about a peace process while Hamas keeps firing missiles into Israel, if we had a country next to us firing missiles, how eager would we be to sit down and negotiate?"
In Gingrich’s televised interview Friday, he stated that the term “Palestinian” did not become a common term until after 1977."This is a propaganda war in which our side refuses to engage and we refuse to tell the truth when the other side lies.”
UN Calls For Eco-Fascist World Government At Durban Summit
Bureaucrats at the UN Climate Summit in Durban have outlined plans for the most draconian, harebrained and madcap climate change treaty ever produced, under which the west would be mandated to respect “the rights of Mother Earth” by paying a “climate debt” which would act as a slush fund for bankrolling an all-powerful world government.
Even as the tattered shreds of whatever credibility global warming alarmists had left evaporate in the aftermath of Climategate 2.0, the monstrous bureaucracy behind ManBearPig continues to lurch forward.
Lord Christopher Monckton’s extensive report breaks down the key aspects of the current draft text.
The highlights are worth reading:
- The treaty calls for the west to achieve a 50% CO2 emissions reduction within the next eight years, a feat that would completely bankrupt the global economy and spark a new great depression, as well as a “more than 100%” reduction by 2050, which presumably could only be accomplished by killing billions of humans to prevent them from exhaling carbon dioxide.
“So, no motor cars, no coal-fired or gas-fired power stations, no aircraft, no trains. Back to the Stone Age, but without even the right to light a carbon-emitting fire in your caves,” writes Monckton.
- The text calls for a 2 degree Celsius drop in global temperatures, which as Monckton points out “would kill hundreds of millions” and herald a new ice age.
- The reduction in CO2 concentration the text calls for would actually begin to kill all plant life and trees on the planet because they need levels of carbon dioxide above 210 ppmv to survive.
- All military forces would be abolished because they contribute to climate change. Presumably the United Nations would then take on the role of world army to police the globe.
And if the above isn't enough, there's more:
- The process will be enforced by an “International Climate Court of Justice” under a bureaucracy of world government that will force western nations to pay “climate debt,” as well as reparations to third world nations to pay for carbon cuts that wouldn’t be as drastic.
- All the money will be collected by the UN and whatever is left after they have taken their considerable cut will be doled out according to the wishes of UN bureaucrats. “As a senior UN diplomat told me last year, “The UN exists for only one purpose: to get more money. That, and that alone, is the reason why it takes such an interest in climate change,” writes Monckton.
- This world government will mandate that western nations submit reports every two years on their progress and then implement the measures demanded by the world government.
- The UN will create several new slush funds from which to enrich its coffers, including a tax on shipping and aviation fuel, a new “green climate fund” and a worldwide cap and trade. Most of the costs will be handed down to taxpayers.
This merely scratches the surface of what the UN is trying to include in its “legally-binding treaty,” which represents eco-fascism on steroids. Monckton points out that UN bureaucrats are confident they can get some form of deal rammed through on this occasion.
The Incontrovertible Truth About Israel
Islamist groups are holding victory parties in Egypt, Syria's Bashar Assad is killing scores of his own people each week, Iran is producing more weapons-grade uranium than ever, Jordan's king announces that "Israel has an expiration date," and the U.S. launches four attacks -- against Israel. Whatever the reason for the misdirected attacks, they rewrite history and deny reality.
Lets take a look at the examples given:
1. U.S. Defense Secretary Leon Panetta lashes out at Israel, blaming Israel for its growing isolation and demanding that Israel "just get to the damn table" to negotiate with the Palestinians and "mend fences" with Turkey, Egypt, and other Islamist regimes by "performing more gestures" (code word for concessions).
His Conclusion: Israel is the obstacle to peace in the Middle East. It refuses to negotiate with the Palestinians and creates hostile relationships with its other neighbors.
Fact-Check: The Palestinian Authority, not Israel, walked away from the peace talks. Prime Minister Netanyahu has stated publicly and repeatedly that Israel will sit down at the table any time there is a Palestinian on the other side ready and able to make peace. Israel has engaged in countless "gestures," such as last year's ten-month freeze on construction in disputed areas in order to entice Palestinians back to the negotiating table. Instead, the PA continued its refusal to negotiate and went to the United Nations in an effort to abrogate all previous agreements with Israel.
2. Howard Gutman, U.S. ambassador in Belgium, blames Israel for anti-Semitism.
His Conclusion: It's Israel's fault that its neighbors have waged a relentless war against it for 63 years. Thus, a Palestinian-Israel peace agreement will reduce anti-Semitism.
Fact-Check: First, there is a logical fallacy of cause and effect. Israel-hatred exists not because there is tension between Israel and the Palestinians. Tension exists because Israel is the one issue which Arab leaders use to unify many Arab and Muslim countries as a scapegoat for hatred which distracts their people.
Historically Arab anti-Semitism predates the establishment of the modern state of Israel by centuries.
The Arab attacks on Jews and against Zionism took place decades before the founding of modern-day Israel
The Mufti of Jerusalem encouraged his ally Hitler to wipe out European Jews during World War II (again before modern-day Israel) while the Mufti promised to do the same for Jews in the Middle East.
3. U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton laments limits of Israel's democracy and unfair treatment of women. Clinton said that some of these phenomena remind her of Iran.
Fact-Check: The comparison of women's rights in Iran to women's rights in Israel is so outrageous that it does not even deserve a response. Yet since the link was made by the most powerful woman in the United States, a fact-check is in order.
As some examples: if women in Iran are found guilty of "bad hijab" -- exposure of any part of the body other than hands and face -- they are subject to punishment of up to seventy lashes or sixty days' imprisonment.
The legal age of marriage (arranged, of course) for a girl is thirteen, and these "married" girls are barred from attending regular schools.
In Israel, a woman's life is her choice.
Truthful Conclusion: Israel's democracy, friendship, humanitarian record, and peace efforts appear to be inconvenient truths at 2201 C Street in Washington, D.C. (the U.S. Department of State).
Winston Churchill once said, "The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is." Some attack these truths out of malice and others out of ignorance, but in the end, defending these incontrovertible truths is the only road to peace.
Of course, we are living in an era in which the truth is irrelevant - the "truth" is what the government sponsored MSM tells us.
And lastly, this article reveals some very interesting information:
Lost Drone Exposes Covert US-Iran Conflict
The loss to Iran of the CIA’s surveillance drone bristling with advanced spy technology is more than a propaganda coup and intelligence windfall for the Tehran government. The plane’s capture has peeled back another layer of secrecy from expanding United States operations against Iran’s nuclear and military programs.
American officials said Friday that US intelligence assessments indicate that Iran played no role in the downing, either by shooting it down or using electronic or cyber-technology to force it from the sky. They contended the drone malfunctioned. The officials spoke on condition of anonymity in order to discuss the classified program.
Some US experts expressed skepticism that Iran would be capable of such hacking. But others said Iran’s capacity to counter drones may have been bolstered by Russia’s decision, announced in October, to sell Tehran an advanced truck-mounted electronic intelligence system.
Singer, who has written extensively about drones, noted Russia’s announcement about the sale of an undisclosed number of truck-mounted electronic intelligence systems, called the IL-222 Avtobaza, to Tehran.
No country has demonstrated that it can seize control of a spy drone remotely, said Theodore Karasik, a security expert at the Dubai-based Institute for Near East and Gulf Military Analysis.
But if any could, Karasik said, the likely candidates would include China and Russia, which has conducted research on the subject. Karasik said either country might have aided Iran against the US
Russia, China, North Korea and others may be interested in examining the Sentinel. For example, US drones have advanced engines that allow them to remain patrolling an area for days. China is thought to be struggling to master this technology.