Socialist Francois Hollande swept to victory in France's presidential election on Sunday in a swing to the left at the heart of Europe that could start a pushback against German-led austerity.Jubilant left-wingers celebrated outside Socialist Party headquarters and in Paris' Bastille square, where revelers danced in 1981 when Francois Mitterrand became France's only other Socialist president.Hollande's clear win should give the self-styled "Mr Normal" the authority to press German Chancellor Angela Merkel to accept a policy shift towards fostering growth in Europe to balance the austerity that has fueled anger across southern Europe.
His margin also positions the Socialists strongly to win a left-wing majority in parliamentary elections next month, vital to implement his plans for a swift tax reform.
Analysts say the vote has wide implications for the whole eurozone. Mr Hollande has vowed to rework a deal on government debt in member countries.
Mr Hollande has called for a renegotiation of a hard-won European treaty on budget discipline championed by German Chancellor Angela Merkel and Mr Sarkozy.The socialist candidate has promised to raise taxes on big corporations and people earning more than 1m euros a year.He wants to raise the minimum wage, hire 60,000 more teachers and lower the retirement age from 62 to 60 for some workers.
Raise taxes and increase the minimum wage. We'll see how that works out.
Meanwhile, in the Middle East, another predictable development:
Syria's Muslim Brotherhood Rise From The Ashes
At a meeting of Syria's opposition, Muslim Brotherhood officials gather round Marxists colleagues, nudging them to produce policy statements for the Syrian National Council, the main political group challenging President Bashar al-Assad.
...the Brotherhood has recovered to become the dominant force of the exile opposition in the 14-month-old revolt against his son Bashar.
Careful not to undermine the council's disparate supporters, the Brotherhood has played down its growing influence within the Syrian National Council (SNC), whose public face is the secular Paris-based professor Bourhan Ghalioun.
Tello, however, acknowledged that the Brotherhood has clawed back influence inside Syria, especially in the cities of Homs and Hama and the rural province of Idlib on the border with Turkey, hotbeds of the revolt against Assad.
This is no small feat after three decades in the political wilderness. Unlike Arab rulers who tried to co-opt the movement by granting it limited operation, the Assads excluded it and all other opposition from the political system.
And below, Joel Rosenberg gives another nice summary of recent events of prophetic significance:
Israel Mobilizes Six Reserve Army Battalions: New Elections Likely Set For Sept. 4 - How Does That Affect Iran War Timetable?
Interesting developments in the epicenter this week:
- Netanyahu and his Likud party move to call new elections, likely Sept 4th
- Some key Israeli political analysts speculate Netanyahu wants to consolidate his political power and strengthen his coalition — polls show Likud poised to rise from 27 to possibly 31 seats — in order to launch a preemptive military strike on Iran in September or October, after the Israeli elections but before the American elections
- An “October Surprise” could put President Obama in a difficult position, perhaps less able to criticize or block an Israeli move
- At the same time, the Israelis continue to make obvious preparations for war
- This week Israel took possession of a brand new German built submarine capable of launching nuclear missiles
- This week Israel also mobilized six reserve army battalions and put more on notification that they could be called up into active duty soon
- That said, it would be a mistake to rule out the possibility of an Israeli first strike sooner than September — both Netanyahu and Defense Minister Barak are stating that time to neutralize the Iran threat is running out and the time for action is drawing near
- Opponents of war inside are growing more vocal — even a number of former high ranking Israeli generals and intelligence officials gave spoken out recently in sharp criticism of Netanyahu and Barak
- Prophetic implications? Hard to say at this point. Vladimir Putin comes back to power as president (read: czar) of Russia on May 7 and coplay throw his weight in against an Israeli strike. Were that to happen, that could suggest we are moving towards the “War of Gog and Magog” described in Ezekiel 38 and 39. We also need to keep in mind the coming fulfillment of the destruction of Damascus as foretold in Isaiah 17 and Jeremiah 49. Does that happen before or after the Magog war? The Scriptures do not say, so I don’t know. But we need to be prayerful, proactive and prepared for these and other scenarios, especially given the growing alliance between Russia and Iran and the evil of the Assad regime. Leaders reap what they sow, and the leaders of these nations — tragically — are poised to reap a whirlwind.
SUPER MOON >>>>>
LAST NITE IT WAS BAD >>>>>>>
Atleast here in Hawaii it was bad.
My mother had trouble sleeping last nite, the moon was SO huge.
What does it mean ??
who knows.....BUT I BELIEVE it is
a sign, and NOT a good one.
Stocks are coming down hard tonite in futures trading. and so is
the price of crude oil.....and
the metals are ALSO selling off.
I really doubt it....
this market is saying on EWI counts
that a CRASH is coming right here
and now !!!!!
It's scary, let me tell 'ya,
the way that CRUDE is selling off.
These markets are saying "DEFLATION"
but bulls of course are not
listening as usual.
Don't worry about money. EWI won't feed you; God will.
Dear Dave, I am just trying to get everyone to SEE that this world
may BE entering a new phase of
crisis........and for the FIRST
time in a while, EWI counts are
lining up for the bear in a BIG
SCOTT are U out there ??
I think you might want to read
this right away....
My appologies Stephen.
Hello my sweet brothers and sisters! I cant provide a link, so sorry but aloha bible prophecy update may 6th 2012.....well whoa doggies, its a good one. Jd Farag does it again. WV-you are gonna get goose bumps from this one! he presents some compelling pretrib rapture excitement and teaching. Dave du check it out!!!!
Stephen, I think you are going to see some serious money, stock movement by the end of may, beginning of June.
Ally, yeah, you may be right,
I am thinking we are going to
crash soon on the DOW.....
but sad to say, any bears who do
make money on THIS CRASH coming
will have to face the sad fact
that the RAPTURE could be very
close, and THAT is what concerns
This is the only world I have
ever known. I have not really
been in any other world. I am
wondering HOW I will deal with
a world like Heaven when I am
so used to being in this world
and dealing with the way things
QUITE SCARY for me.....!!!!
not sure how to deal with it...
if that rapture hits....
very serious matter, People that
go in the rapture INSTANTLY
watch their time here come to an
end, cannot go back, no human
body to go back to, ect....
a very serious matter for this
blog to consider the implications
Here's the link to Pastor JD's latest Calvary Chapel of Kaneohe Prophecy Update (for May 6, 2012).
I think the experience of translating into your new heavenly body will be absolute ecstasy. The love of God will be so alive in you that all fear will be instantly annihilated. Not only that, but the Holy Spirit will be so free in you because He will be your actual life and will uninhibited as He is now by the short sighted senses of these flesh and blood tents. In this body we have blood of which is the life of these bodies. But in the new bodies the life will be the Holy Spirit. Blood transferes oxygen throughout our bodies to sustain its living functions, but with the heavenly bodies the Holy Spirit will be our constant fellowship, strength and sustenance and ever increasing love.
Remember Stephen, perfect love casts out all fear and where there is fear, love has not been perfected. As long as we have anything that substitutes the life of the Spirit of God in us we will be fearful. But that's ok, we can be fearful, but make sure we're not cowardly.
At the twinkling of the eye you will be transformed Stephen. It will be too quick to think about. Instantly you will be enveloped, filled, changed into the love and presence of God Almighty. Full strength will be his love and presence that if it was allowed our mortal bodies to be downloaded with this experience the senses would overload and we would die in an instant. But your fears Stephen will perish with your clothing in your new body.
Fear not Stephen and trust in the Lord with all your heart and dont listen to or rely upon what your senses are telling you about Heaven. Instead in all you do seek his will and acknowledge His presence and He will in the end give you real life, abundant, crystal clear life.
There's something about Francois Hollande that worries me . . .from his apparent intolerance for the wealthy and big banking . . .to his supposedly taking both sides in the ME, supporting a Palestinian State and protecting Jews from terrorist attack in France.
What better position to take over the world's financial system (Rev 13 style) than from the spring board of peace for all and a hatred of "Big Banking"
Came across this this morning:
Post a Comment