Tuesday, December 22, 2020

What Really Matters:


Give Me Jesus

Dennis Huebshman



The apostle Paul gives us words to encourage us during the present evil times. Philippians 3:7-11; “But whatever gain I had (worldly), I counted as loss, for the sake of Christ. (8) Indeed, I count everything as loss because of the surpassing worth (totally invaluable) of knowing Christ Jesus, my Lord. For His sake, I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them as rubbish; in order that I may gain Christ, (9) and be found in Him, not having a righteousness from God, that depends on faith; (10) that I may know Him and the power of His resurrection, and may share His sufferings, becoming like Him in His death; (11) that by any means possible, I may attain the resurrection form the dead.”


Paul is saying there’s nothing on this earth that can compare to what we true believers have waiting for us. Matthew 16:25-26; “For whoever would save his/her life will lose it, but whoever loses his/her life for My sake, will find it. (26) For what will it profit a man/woman, if he/she gains the whole world, and forfeits his/her soul? Or, what shall a man/woman give in return for his/her soul.”


There will come a day on this earth when everyone will be required to take a mark on their right hand or forehead in order to buy, sell, and even to live. (Revelation 13:16) At that time, there will be no middle of the road as their choice will either be Jesus or satan. Today, for those who have received and accepted the gift that Jesus bought for us, this will take away that ordeal from our future. When the call comes for all true believers to rise up to meet Jesus in the air, we will be kept from the coming tribulation, just as God promised. We may have some trials and persecutions before that, but nowhere near the severity of what is coming.


Please consider the simple, but very deep meaning of the words of this song.

(1) In the morning when I rise; In the morning when I rise; In the morning when I rise – Give Me Jesus.
(ref) Give me Jesus; Give me Jesus; you can have all this world, just Give me Jesus.
(2) When I am alone; When I am alone; When I am alone – Give Me Jesus. (ref)
(3) When I come to die; When I come to die; When I come to die – Give Me Jesus.
Give me Jesus; Give Me Jesus; You can have all this world; You can have all this world; You can have all this world – Just Give Me Jesus.

During the difficult times of this world that is daily fulfilling end time prophecy, showing we are very near to the end of this age, we need to focus on songs such as this “Spiritual” to help keep our perspective. Please do not fall into a trap believing the existing evil will go away and the situation will get better. All the events given by Jesus, and the attitudes given by Paul about the end time are here right now. Peter talks about the “scoffers”, and today they are active against anything that pertains to Jesus. Its more prevalent than ever before.

John tells about false prophets and antichrists in his day that would only grow stronger, especially at the end. The ultimate evil antichrist is just waiting to be introduced to the world; whether or not the specific person knows he is the one. He cannot be revealed until the restrainer (Holy Spirit) is removed as given in 2 Thessalonians 2:6-8.


Believers are looking for our true “Deliverer”, remembering that Jesus is more beautiful and believable than any so-called man-made god of this world. We should remember Jesus in everything we do; from the first waking moments; throughout our day; all the way to the midnight cry. When we are finally free from the bonds of this earth, either through death or by Rapture, we will have just begun to live.



Jesus is coming soon; morning, night or noon; just as was in a song by the Oakridge Boys. The entire process will be over in the “twinkling of an eye”, so calling out before He comes is absolutely necessary. Otherwise, you will be in for the worst 7-year period of time ever; if you are able to survive.
Hope to see you there when we get Home.





No comments: