Monday, November 23, 2015

U.S. State Department Issues Worldwide Travel Alert




State Department issues worldwide travel alert for U.S. citizens over terror threats


The State Department issued a rare worldwide travel alert Monday evening for U.S. citizens amid several terror threats overseas.
Current information suggests that ISIL (aka Da’esh), al-Qa’ida, Boko Haram, and other terrorist groups continue to plan terrorist attacks in multiple regions," a statement from the department read. "These attacks may employ a wide variety of tactics, using conventional and non-conventional weapons and targeting both official and private interests."

"Authorities believe the likelihood of terror attacks will continue as members of ISIL/Da’esh return from Syria and Iraq.  Additionally, there is a continuing threat from unaffiliated persons planning attacks inspired by major terrorist organizations but conducted on an individual basis.  Extremists have targeted large sporting events, theatres, open markets, and aviation services.  In the past year, there have been multiple attacks in France, Nigeria, Denmark, Turkey, and Mali.  ISIL/Da’esh has claimed responsibility for the bombing of a Russian airliner in Egypt."
The department says all U.S. citizens should remain vigilant when in public places or using transportation.
Last week, ISIS released a video making threats against New York City. The video showed Times Square, Herald Square and images of terrorists wearing suicide belts.
"We understand it is the goal of terrorists to intimidate and disrupt our democratic society," Mayor Bill de Blasio said. "We will not submit. It's crucial that people go about their normal business recognizing the NYPD is providing extraordinary protection for the people of this city."
To stay informed, people should watch local media and other information sources when making travel plans. Anyone with concerns about their safety should call local police.
People are urged to have a heightened awareness while traveling for the holidays.

1 comment:

GG2013 said...

Proverbs 1:24

Wisdom Calls Aloud

…23"Turn to my reproof, Behold, I will pour out my spirit on you; I will make my words known to you. 24"Because
I called and you refused, I stretched out my hand and no one paid attention; 25And you neglected all my counsel
And did not want my reproof;…

Cross References

Romans 10:21
But concerning Israel he says, "All day long I have held out my hands to a disobedient and obstinate people."

1 Samuel 28:6
He inquired of the LORD, but the LORD did not answer him by dreams or Urim or prophets.

2 Chronicles 36:16
But they mocked God's messengers, despised his words and scoffed at his prophets until the wrath of the LORD was
aroused against his people and there was no remedy.

Proverbs 29:1
Whoever remains stiff-necked after many rebukes will suddenly be destroyed--without remedy.

Isaiah 65:2
All day long I have held out my hands to an obstinate people, who walk in ways not good, pursuing their own imaginations--

Isaiah 65:12
I will destine you for the sword, and all of you will fall in the slaughter; for I called but you did not answer, I spoke but you did
not listen. You did evil in my sight and chose what displeases me."

Isaiah 66:4
so I also will choose harsh treatment for them and will bring on them what they dread. For when I called, no one answered,
when I spoke, no one listened. They did evil in my sight and chose what displeases me."

Jeremiah 7:13
While you were doing all these things, declares the LORD, I spoke to you again and again, but you did not listen; I called you,
but you did not answer.

Jeremiah 9:6
You live in the midst of deception; in their deceit they refuse to acknowledge me," declares the LORD.

Jeremiah 35:17
"Therefore this is what the LORD God Almighty, the God of Israel, says: 'Listen! I am going to bring on Judah and on everyone
living in Jerusalem every disaster I pronounced against them. I spoke to them, but they did not listen; I called to them, but they
did not answer.'"

Jeremiah 44:16
"We will not listen to the message you have spoken to us in the name of the LORD!

Zechariah 7:11
"But they refused to pay attention; stubbornly they turned their backs and covered their ears.

Zechariah 7:13
"'When I called, they did not listen; so when they called, I would not listen,' says the LORD Almighty.

Treasury of Scripture
Because I have called, and you refused; I have stretched out my hand, and no man regarded;