A Great Royal Wedding To Come
Every bit of this is worth reading, so here it is, in its entirety:
What struck me most as Lynn and I got up at 5am and watched the royal wedding as it unfolded at Westminster Abbey in London was that the Word of God went forth – and the name of Jesus Christ was repeatedly proclaimed – to an estimated one billion people around the world watching the live TV coverage. It was a gorgeous ceremony, with all its pomp and circumstance, and it reminded me that there is a Great Royal Wedding to come to which we are all invited. We need only say “yes.”
* The Rev. Richard Chartres, the Bishop of London, began the ceremony noting that, ”In a sense, every wedding is a royal wedding,” then spoke of followers of Jesus Christ being children of the King who will one day have a wedding of His own.
James Middleton, Kate’s brother, read from the New Testament, Romans chapter 12, beginning with, “Therefore I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship. And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect” — that is, we must prepare our hearts for the Royal Wedding to come.
* Dr. Rowen Williams, the Archbishop of Canterbury, in his sermon told the newlyweds, “William and Catherine, you have chosen to be married in the sight of a generous God who so loved the world that he gave himself to us in the person of Jesus Christ. And in the Spirit of this generous God, husband and wife are to give themselves to each another….As we move towards our partner in love, following the example of Jesus Christ, the Holy Spirit is quickened within us and can increasingly fill our lives with light.”
* The Archbishop concludedhis sermon with this prayer, “God our Father, we thank you for our families; for the love that we share and for the joy of our marriage. In the busyness of each day keep our eyes fixed on what is real and important in life and help us to be generous with our time and love and energy. Strengthened by our union help us to serve and comfort those who suffer. We ask this in the Spirit of Jesus Christ. Amen.”
The Scriptures teach us that we are all invited to the wedding of our Lord Jesus Christ in the world to come. But while all are invited, not all will attend. We must individually accept the Lord’s invitation by personally receiving Jesus as Messiah and our Lord. Sadly, the Bible says that not all will do so.
* In Revelation chapter 19, we read, “Then I heard the sound of massed choirs, the sound of a mighty cataract, the sound of strong thunder: Hallelujah! The Master reigns, our God, the Sovereign-Strong! Let us celebrate, let us rejoice, let us give him the glory! The Marriage of the Lamb has come; his Wife has made herself ready. She was given a bridal gown of bright and shining linen. The linen is the righteousness of the saints.”
* Speaking of the Great Royal Wedding to come, Jesus said in Matthew 22, “The Kingdom of Heaven can be illustrated by the story of a king who prepared a great wedding feast for his son. When the banquet was ready, he sent his servants to notify those who were invited. But they all refused to come!”
* Speaking of His return to Earth to get His bride, Jesus said in Luke 12, ”Be like men who are waiting for their master when he returns from the wedding feast, so that they may immediately open the door to him when he comes and knocks.”
With the signs of the Last Days all around us, may each one of us choose today to say “yes” to the Lord Jesus’ invitation to the Great Royal Wedding to come.
Now that's what I'm talkin' about... :)
Yesterday, my wife said "I'll bet that message made a lot of earth-dwellers squirm in their seats..."
scott... and all the other readers as you know I'm preaching to the choir but how can someone no all about the wedding custumes in the bible read about going to the father's house and about not knowing the day or hour and still hold to the post trib. position?
AMEN! Amen, brother.
Mr. & Mrs. Caver are so very ready for this particular ceremony.
Lord Jesus...we're ready.
Father, we know and respect that its Your call.....but just know that the Bride is ready and willing....right now!
I'm ready for the grandest wedding to the most perfect, loving Groom. No rehearsal required.
Two words. "I do"
Amen Dylan, Amen.
Its going to be the ultimate celebration of all time. Just read Revelation 19. John saw all of us celebrating. And then comes the wedding feast of the Lamb. I can't wait - that day can't come soon enough.
Blessed be the name of the Lord! wedding gown designed by blood of Christ! music coutesy of Heavenly Host. honeymoon destination New Jerusalem. the happy couple will rule and reign in their jeweled home conveniently located in Israel :) ally
So you guys think the rapture might happen by September, right?
No doubt about it. It will defiantly be before September....just ain't sure which year.
Really, don't mean any disrespect at all. So many years, there was just no possibility world events could hold back....yet they did, stopped and turned on a dime and took off in another direction. Just more shaking of the fence and forcing folk to pick a side. We're close, we're close....no doubt about that but suspect its going to be a total surprise. It would give the evil one a huge advantage to know.....this way the dark one is forced to be ready for it all the time but completely ready for it at no certain time.
Dylan, just my opinion. an educated guess. we really have no way of knowing. i know it is so hard to live a "normal" life while waiting for his return. i am struggling with that daily. i have a feeling we all are. neverless, Jesus will come ar a rime appointed unto him by the Father.. it cant come soon enough for me! ally
Caver- great answer! we have been waiting and watching so long. i am quite weary. however so much is happening so fast now. i can hardly contain myself! do you guys feel the same way?-ally
I agree Ally. & also concur with Caver, things can turn on a dime, Take for instance the President of Iran. We are living in interesting times. I used to be an ER nurse & I sometimes thrived on the excitement, adrenaline flow, & many of these 'events' bring back those feelings.
May 1st... ..It's Mayday! Yay! The International Red Holiday, when all the major Commie and Socialist 'leaders' [read 'dictators'] hold their world Congress Internationale` every year.
And why, pray tell, did they pick May 1st, you ask??
Because they're celebrating a 'birthday'!
And whose birthday might that be?
The Illuminati, their "parent organization" that created Communism and Socialism, was created on May 1st, 1776 in Bavaria by Adam Weishaupt, who was commissioned and funded by Mr. Rothschild for a means of subverting 1st western civilization, and then eventually the whole world for a New World Order...
Mayday! Yay! And a Great Big Yay when they finally get theirs!!
DrNo - I didn't realize that. wow....
Sorry Scott, I really didn't want to post that somber little tid-bit on this up-beat thread!
I wuz hoping all morning you wuz gonna post some other new 'whirled news' on a different note today, soz it would fit in better, but after a while I thot maybe you took a day off, went fishin', or got killed, or sumpin'...
You really need to tighten up on yer God-given calling soz you don't scare us like that!!
DrNo - I was having major problems with the Blog yesterday - unable to even log on - but a friend of mine who works at Apple (THANKS to Marshall !!) helped me out.
But you and I are very much on the same page regarding the Builderburgs, Illuminati, CFR, etc. And who is behind the scenes running things...
Well that's your problem right there, if you're running on an apple system!
Well, I guess I'll hafta chime in with the latest news...
It seems Obummer's 'New & Improved' long form 'Certificate of Live Birth', that he claimed "didn't exist" awhile back but suddenly here it is, is causing more questions and problems than it wuz sposed to cure:
Online 'birth certificate' document 'was changed'
A forensic computer document expert who analyzed the online image of Barack Obama's purported Certificate of Live Birth confirmed there are anomalies and evidence it has been manipulated.
This is now up on you tube as well.
And Wiki, true to their leftist nature, is covering for our 1st Illegal-Alien-in-Chief by removing the 'Natural-born citizen' info:
'Natural-born citizen' info vanishes off Wikipedia in wake of Obama's release of his long-form birth certificate.
...just like they did for the "Climate-gate" email scandal, editing the 'telling' stuff out of almost 5000 pages.
Nothing surprises us any more!
I wasn't going to mention the wedding in case I bored ya!
I felt confident HM wouldn't let us down and Jesus would be lifted up!
It thrilled me to see so many religions in the crowds, all hearing God's Word, maybe for the first time.
For me, the absolute STAR was James Middleton's brilliant Bible reading. He was near word perfect, so eloquent and crystal clear God's Word echoed all around the world.
I had the mother or all colds and watched it from a reclining position with hubby and I sniffing in tandem. Then I noticed the news bar... scrolling one after the other, trouble after trouble, people butchered, fighting, dreadful news was unfolding BENEATH the picture of a beautiful bride and her Prince.
Then the SEVEN soldiers sounded their resounding fanfares.
The parallel with THE Wedding in heaven, as below on the earth is such Tribulation - and the seven angels sounded ---- Oh my; it CANNOT be just a coincidence; surely The Lord is encouraging us if we would but take note? I was thinking of you all - wondering if you were being encouraged as I was?
SOON and VERY SOON we are going to see the King. Praise The Lord!
Thrilled to bits, ancient Brit
Indeed Sue. Hope and encouragement - thats what its all about now. I'm ready for the REAL wedding to occur and the REAL celebration!
Post a Comment