However - I believe that the information regarding the Gulf situation is being actively suppressed, and it also seems clear that information regarding the magnitude of this oil/gas "volcano" is being tightly contained. The question then becomes "why?". From those who live along the Gulf Coast, there are many reports that BP is essentially being allowed to control the Gulf coastal areas that are being affected.
Below are several articles, mostly from "mainstream" publications. There are also an array of articles, letters and video's that have been circulating and the information coming from these sources is quite alarming. I have not posted these, as the sources could be questionable. Having said that, there is great consistency among the information coming from all sources.
To summarize what seems to be happening on the coast right now:
1. The oil and methane, (not to mention the dispersants used by BP) which is now gushing from several sources is creating a toxic mixture in the sea.
2. This toxic mixture, also probably including benzene, is ultimately depleting the oxygen in the Gulf. This is supported by the massive deaths which have been observed in sea life in the region (seen in multiple photos and videos).
3. The toxic water/dispersants/oil etc., has most likely become airborn and would give a plausible explanation for the variety of illnesses reported in those folks living along the coastal areas and the workers who have been involved in clean-up efforts. A hurricane will magnify this problem exponentially, and move the problem further inland.
4. There are many rumors of massive evacuations being planned for the region. These "rumors" seem to have some merit, based on anecdotal reports coming from many of the citizens in the area. According to some - there are already stations positioned along some of the coastal regions, which detail evacuation plans.
5. The evidence that a huge methane "bubble" exists, and could explode, causing a enormous tsunami seems to be leaving the conspiracy arena and is now being reported in the MSM.
6. All of the above has led to a number of conspiracy theories - not only concerning the origins of the initial explosion, but conspiracy theories on why the U.S. administration is doing little-nothing to clean up this mess. It is a fact that at least 13 different countries offered help with an array of proven methods and these offers were all categorically denied by the U.S. government.
Again, the question becomes "why?"
I have no idea what is going on, and whether this has anything to do with biblical prophecy (Genesis 12:3 perhaps?)
But this crisis is HUGE and it seems already destined for the biggest crisis of a lifetime, if not more. And it has just begun.
The articles below indicate the severity of this situation. All I know to do is to pray. To pray for our brothers and sisters living in the affected region, and to pray for this nation.
"Methane in Gulf 'astonishingly high': U.S. Scientist"
Texas A&M University oceanography professor John Kessler, just back from a 10-day research expedition near the BP Plc oil spill in the gulf, says methane gas levels in some areas are "astonishingly high."
Kessler's crew took measurements of both surface and deep water within a 5-mile (8 kilometer) radius of BP's broken wellhead.
"There is an incredible amount of methane in there," Kessler told reporters in a telephone briefing.
In some areas, the crew of 12 scientists found concentrations that were 100,000 times higher than normal.
"At some locations, we saw depletions of up to 30 percent of oxygen based on its natural concentration in the waters. At other places, we saw no depletion of oxygen in the waters. We need to determine why that is," he told the briefing.
"Oil Guru says BP relief wells will fail, undersea oil covers 40% of Gulf". This is a video link and well worth watching.
"Each day, another way to define worst-case for oil spill"
The base-line measures of the crisis have steadily worsened. The estimated flow rate keeps rising. The well is like something deranged, stronger than anyone anticipated. BP executives last month said they had a 60 to 70 percent chance of killing it with mud, but the well spit the mud out and kept blowing.
The most disturbing of the worst-case scenarios, one that is unsubstantiated but is driving much of the blog discussion, is that the Deepwater Horizon well has been so badly damaged that it has spawned multiple leaks from the seafloor, making containment impossible and a long-term solution much more complicated.
"We're going to have to evacuate the gulf states," said Matt Simmons, founder of Simmons and Co., an oil investment firm and, since the April 20 blowout, the unflagging source of end-of-the-world predictions. "Can you imagine evacuating 20 million people? . . . This story is 80 times worse than I thought."
And most disturbing are these two video links:
"Video link from informed citizen speaking to 'Gulf Emergency Summit'"
Also a link to the potential toxicity developing:
"Gulf Oil Spill Health Hazards"
Many people seem unaware of the magnitude of this crisis. I assume that is because the U.S. administration and BP have successfully suppressed the outgoing information from the Gulf. It is unclear why. In fact, almost everything about this crisis is unclear.
Many of us simply have a very uneasy feeling about the situation for all of the reasons above.
- Why is information being suppressed?
- Why is the U.S. administration doing so little and in some instances actually obstructing relief efforts?
- Are evacuations being planned? If so, how many people and over what areas?
- Is the toxic combination of methane gas and oil causing illness in the residents and workers in the Gulf?
- Is toxic rain already causing harm to plants in parts of the U.S., as has been reported?
- How much worse will this crisis become?
- Could it possibly be true, as some articles have suggested that we could have martial law in parts of the U.S. which have been affected?
The situation is evolving rapidly and it promises to be much bigger than the current reports indicate.
In closing, the following link provides food for thought:
"Is oil catastrophe fulfillment of Genesis prophecy?"