Today's news is all about preparing for new wars or escalating current wars:
The security sources, said to be close to Netanyahu’s talks with Obama, claimed that after seeing North Korea wield nuclear weapons despite heavy Western opposition, Tehran’s leadership had also decided to break out toward the bomb, which could be ready between July and September.
“The Iranians aren’t messing around after North Korea. What Kim Jong Un has Ahmadinejad has,” a source told the Israeli daily Maariv, referring to North Korea’s and Iran’s respective leaders. “At the end of 2012 the Iranians carried out a simulation of a nuclear explosion and since then have been advancing at a murderous pace every day.”
Televangelist Pat Robertson has become the latest prominent conservative to question why the Department of Homeland Security is engaged in an apparent arms build-up, asking if the 1.6 billion bullets purchased by the federal agency will be used against the American people.
Speaking on his CBN broadcast yesterday, Robertson characterized the DHS ammo purchase and itsacquisition of armored vehicles as “like something out of science fiction: long trains of full or armored vehicles, personnel carriers with armor.”
“What are they for, the Army going into battle against the enemy?” asked Robertson. “They’re used by Homeland Security against us!”
Robertson then quoted Ronald Reagan, “The most fearful statement in the English language is ‘I’m from the government and I’m here to help’.”
“Imagine what Homeland Security is doing, it’s just awful,” he continued. “We’re going to talk about how much ammunition they’re stockpiling. Who are they going to shoot? Us?”
Robertson’s concern is similar to that expressed by retired United States Army Captain Terry M. Hestilow, who last week sent a letter to Sen. John Cornyn (R-TX) warning that the ammo purchases represent “a bold threat of war by that agency (DHS), and the Obama administration, against the citizens of the United States of America.”
The website responsible for uploading the Pat Robertson video clip, Right Wing Watch, echoed other liberal news outlets by erroneously claiming that, “The conspiracy about secretive ammo stockpiling is completely unfounded.”
Their source for that judgment is a February 14 Associated Press report which quotes a single DHS official who claims the bullets are being bought in bulk and are for training purposes only. Apparently, citing the glib statement of one government official is enough to “debunk” concerns about government activity which are now shared by over a dozen members of Congress.
However, as we have exhaustively documented, the notion that the ammo is being purchased in bulk to “save money” is completely erroneous since most of the bullets are hollow point rounds, which are almost twice as expensive as regular full metal jackets and therefore unsuitable for training purposes.
As former Marine Richard Mason told reporters with WHPTV News in Pennsylvania earlier this month, “We never trained with hollow points, we didn’t even see hollow points my entire four and a half years in the Marine Corps.”
In addition, the article derides the issue as a “baseless” conspiracy theory yet fails to mention the fact that over a dozen members of Congress have demanded answers from DHS chief Janet Napolitano, only to be stonewalled.
Earlier this week, a weapons manufacturer who supplies ammunition to the federal government told the nationally syndicated Savage Nation radio show that the ammo purchases were an attempt to “control the amount of market that’s available on the commercial market at any time,” by forcing manufacturers to hold back stock.
Although the DHS has not physically purchased the full amount of 1.6 billion rounds of ammo (althoughhuge quantities are being acquired and delivered to DHS facilities on a regular basis), it has signed contracts forcing manufacturers to set aside that amount of bullets, creating a squeeze on the market.
Ammunition is in short supply across the country, with police departments being forced to barter between themselves to meet demand while gun stores across America have resorted to bullet rationing. Ammunition is now so hard to get that crowds have started forming outside gun stores when new shipments of bullets are being delivered.
While happy to take pot shots at people easy to portray as “right-wing” demagogues, such as Pat Robertson and Sarah Palin, the liberal media continues to portray the DHS arms build-up as a “conspiracy theory” by ignoring the fundamental flaw in the DHS’ explanation for the huge bullet buys – that the “saving money” excuse doesn’t stand up and therefore there must be another reason for the purchases.
The photos appeared in the state-run Rodong newspaper and were apparently taken at an "emergency meeting" early on Friday morning. They show Kim signing the order for North Korea's strategic rocket forces to be on standby to fire at US targets, the paper said, with large-scale maps and diagrams in the background.
The images show a chart marked "US mainland strike plan" and missile trajectories that the NK News web site estimates terminate in Hawaii, Washington DC, Los Angeles and Austin, Texas.
The meeting of the Pyongyang's senior military leaders was called after two US B2 bombers, flying out of bases in Missouri, carried out simulated bombing raids on North Korean targets on an island off the coast of South Korea.
The politicians of the western world are coming after your bank accounts. In fact, Cyprus-style "bail-ins" are actually proposed in the new Canadian government budget. When I first heard about this I was quite skeptical, so I went and looked it up for myself. And guess what? It is right there in black and white on pages 144 and 145 of "Economic Action Plan 2013" which the Harper government has already submitted to the House of Commons. This new budget actually proposes "to implement a 'bail-in' regime for systemically important banks" in Canada. "Economic Action Plan 2013" was submitted on March 21st, which means that this "bail-in regime" was likely being planned long before the crisis in Cyprus ever erupted. So exactly what in the world is going on here? In addition, as you will see below, it is being reported that the European Parliament will soon be voting on a law which would require that large banks be "bailed in" when they fail. In other words, that new law would make Cyprus-style bank account confiscation the law of the land for the entire EU. I can't even begin to describe how serious all of this is. From now on, when major banks fail they are going to bail them out by grabbing the money that is in your bank accounts. This is going to absolutely shatter faith in the banking system and it is actually going to make it far more likely that we will see major bank failures all over the western world.
So if the banks take extreme risks with their money and lose, "certain bank liabilities" (i.e. deposits) will rapidly be converted into "regulatory capital" and the banks will be saved.
In other words, the banks will just be allowed to grab money directly out of your bank accounts to recapitalize themselves.
That may sound completely and utterly insane to us, but this is how things will now be done all over the western world.
In fact, some European politicians are openly admitting as much. According to RT, the European Parliament will soon be voting on a new law which will make Cyprus-style bank account confiscation a permanent part of the solution when major banks fail throughout the EU...
The other day when I said that "The Global Elite Are Very Clearly Telling Us That They Plan To Raid Our Bank Accounts", I was not exaggerating.
And for those in Cyprus with deposits of over 100,000 euros, the news just keeps getting worse and worse.
When the crisis first erupted, they were told that 10 percent of all deposits over 100,000 euros would be confiscated.
Then a few days later they were told that it would be 40 percent.
Now, according to the Washington Post, those with deposits over 100,000 euros at the second largest bank in Cyprus may lose as much as80 percent of those deposits...
How would you feel if someone came along and wiped out your life savings so that banks that took incredibly reckless risks could be bailed out?
Needless to say, a lot of people in Cyprus are very, very angry right now. The following reactions from outraged depositors in Cyprus are from Sky News...
"They have stolen our money," Milton Loucas told Sky News.
"I have been working for 60 years. I am 80 years old. I cannot work again for my living - they have cut the lot.
"Our money, our social insurance - they have cut them. How are we going to live?"
Another Cypriot, Stelios, came out of the bank empty handed.
"I tried to get my February wages and they gave me a piece of paper only," he said.
"I have two children in the army and they asked for money - I don't have money to give them.
"The Government didn't pay anybody. My old parents didn't get their pension."
The global elite are fundamentally changing the game. From now on, no bank account on earth will ever be able to be considered "100% safe" again. This is going to create an atmosphere of fear and panic, and no financial system can operate normally when you destroy the confidence that people have in it.