President Barack Obama has told the US Navy and Air Force to prepare air strikes on Syria as part of a “no fly zone” that will be enforced with the aid of British and French military power, according to a report.“Their mission will be to knock out Assad’s central regime and military command centers so as to shake regime stability and restrict Syrian army and air force activity for subduing rebel action and wreaking violence on civilian populations,”Having threatened military action for months, the United States was apparently encouraged by the fact that Russia is once again backing down from its harsh rhetoric and indicating that it will not oppose the toppling of President Bashar Al-Assad.The likelihood of military intervention has been brought forward by reports that opposition rebels are planning to use chemical weapons and then blame the atrocity on Assad’s regime.Hostility towards Syria from the international community has intensified in recent weeks, particularly after the recent massacre in Houla which was blamed on Assad’s forces despite the fact that eyewitnesses in Houla said opposition rebels were responsible for the slaughter, which killed 108 people – mostly women and children.“A respected mainstream publication, the Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung (FAZ), has reported that the infamous Houla massacre in Syria, which the US and NATO hoped would be the casus belli for their planned invasion, was in fact carried out by rebel forces,” writes McAdams.As we reported last weekend, the presence of Syrian National Transitional Council head Bassma Kodmani at the recent Bilderberg confab of global power brokers in Chantilly Virginia strongly suggested that a military assault on Syria was nearing.US air strikes on Syria will be launched without Congressional approval, just as Obama green lighted the attack on Libyawith a churlish disregard for the constitutional process. US Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta has repeatedly stated that Congressional authorization for a military assault on Syria will not be sought by the Obama administration, which considers NATO and the UN to be the supreme authority.
The same “humanitarian” bloodbath inflicted on Libya, which went from the most prosperous country in Africa to a sectarian nightmare ruled by brigades of armed thugs, now awaits Syria unless the likes of China and Russia back up their rhetoric with any real action, a scenario that is becoming increasingly unlikely with each passing day.
Bashar Assad’s chemical weapon stockpile could fall into the hands of Syrian rebels, which would threaten Israeli national security, Deputy Chief of Staff Maj. Gen. Yair Naveh warned.“Syria’s chemical arsenal is the world’s largest, and it possesses missiles that can target the entirety of Israel’s territory,” Naveh said Sunday at a memorial event in Jerusalem honoring soldiers who fell in the Lebanon War.Naveh’s statements regarding chemical weapons and missiles came shortly after Syrian rebels reportedly commandeered a Syrian air force base near the city of Homs and took possession of a number of surface-to-air missile batteries.
Mortified is probably more descriptive of my feelings, that and an absolute sickening revulsion at what is being done in the name of so-called “Democracy.” If you were not already aware of it, Obama has appointed Senator John Kerry as the Chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee. That’s right, Mr. Swiftboat himself is now doing internationally what he did in the US. Local treason just wasn’t enough – no, he went global....he is proclaiming that the Arab Spring was wildly successful. He has also come to genuflect at the feet of the Muslim Brotherhood who will soon hold bloody reign over that country. Rule that will prove to be even worse than Mubarak and a virtual death sentence for every Coptic Christian in the country.And Kerry has already signaled that the US will deal with the new Islamic leader of Egypt with no bias or preconceptions. Well, how very dhimmi of him, groveling on his knees to the Islamic fascists helping to usher in a new worldwide Caliphate. Knowing Kerry, it is right in character and totally expected. Obama and Kerry have innocent blood all over their hands already with the recent murders of Copts and other Christians in Egypt.This is about power and control and the US is actively aligning itself with the Muslim Brotherhood under the Obama Administration. Our leaders have met with CAIR and the Muslim Brotherhood hundreds of times in the White House during this Presidency. Do the math.
- May 2009 – While Obama does not host any National Day of Prayer event at the White House, he does host White House Iftar dinners in honor of Ramadan.
- April 2010 – Christian leader Franklin Graham is disinvited from the Pentagon’s National Day of Prayer Event because of complaints from the Muslim community.
- April 2010 – The Obama administration requires rewriting of government documents and a change in administration vocabulary to remove terms that are deemed offensive to Muslims, including jihad, jihadists, terrorists, radical Islamic, etc.
- August 2010 – Obama speaks with great praise of Islam and condescendingly of Christianity.
- August 2010 – Obama went to great lengths to speak out on multiple occasions on behalf of building an Islamic mosque at Ground Zero, while at the same time he was silent about a Christian church being denied permission to rebuild at that location.
- 2010 – While every White House traditionally issues hundreds of official proclamations and statements on numerous occasions, this White House avoids traditional Biblical holidays and events but regularly recognizes major Muslim holidays, as evidenced by its 2010 statements on Ramadan, Eid-ul-Fitr, Hajj, and Eid-ul-Adha.
- October 2011 – Obama’s Muslim advisers block Middle Eastern Christians’ access to the White House.
- February 2012 – The Obama administration makes effulgent apologies for Korans being burned by the U. S. military, but when Bibles were burned by the military, numerous reasons were offered why it was the right thing to do.
Having already won control of the Egyptian parliament, and with a good chance of putting their man in the president's chair as Egyptians go to the polls later this week, the Muslim Brotherhood is now turning its gaze on Israel.Secular presidential candidate Ahmed Shafiq warned last week that if his Muslim Brotherhood opponent, Mohammed Mursi, wins the run-off presidential vote giving the Islamists unfettered control in Egypt, conflict with Israel will be inevitable.A prominent Egyptian cleric with ties to the Brotherhood added to those fears last week when he told a large rally that should Mursi win the election, Egypt's capital will no longer be Cairo, but rather Jerusalem.A Muslim Brotherhood victory "will make Israel weaker and more isolated. Israel will have no friends or alliances left in this region," Hamas spokesman Ghazi Hamad told the Los Angeles Times last week.Even before the feared Brotherhood takeover, there are already signs Egypt is returning to a position of outright hostility toward Israel.