Friday, August 16, 2019

Random Thoughts


In no particular order:


- I haven't done this in a while, so I thought it was a good time to reconnect and take a minute to thank the people who take their time to come here and look at the news/commentary from around the world that pertain to prophecy. I'm especially thankful to those kind people who send me private messages and words of encouragement - I just want you to know how much I appreciate it and how much it means to me. I never wanted this blog to be about me in any way so I usually avoid putting down my personal thoughts and opinions (although probably obvious) and lean away from commentary. However, I'm considering to getting back to doing more commentary, as I did a while back. These days, the sheer amount of news is so overwhelming that it dictates taking a step back and attempting some context or how events fit into the big picture.

- Some of you who have been around a while know this, but originally this blog was simply an easy way to communicate to and follow-up with several bible study groups I had been involved with. After a few months of posting the news etc.,  I checked to see if anyone was even coming here (in which case I was going to just stop) and much to my surprise there were several hundred coming by daily, so I decided to keep it going and it has somehow steadily grown since then. I have no idea how those original people found this site. It's clearly a "God Thing". It seems that over the last couple of years in particular, readership has grown from all over the world - in unexpected and diverse places.  I'm overwhelmed that He allows me to work for the Kingdom doing something that I love and something I have never once seen as 'work'. We have had a lot of new viewers recently from Europe, Ukraine. Philippines, and Australia so I hope this message is spreading and reaching as many as possible. If the Church refuses to do this then it depends on all of us collectively to spread this word far and wide. 

- I receive a lot of comments relating to the lack of a robust comments section, particularly as compared to years back when there were a lot of comments going back and forth on a daily basis. I believe there are two factors involved, one being the fact that I began listing news articles separately rather than on a single daily "page". Now the articles scroll so fast that it's hard to have a "conversation" via the message box. I may condense each article down to a couple of paragraphs each and put them back on a daily page again. If you have any comments/opinions for this please feel free to comment below or contact me. I also had to start moderating comments because we were getting some inappropriate comments and the inevitable arguments about the timing of the gathering up. 

- I believe we are getting really close to the concluding events of this age and perhaps as a result have been prompted to discuss this more and more with whoever is willing to listen :) - more so than ever before. I think there is a reason for that.

- We now have Russia-Iran-Turkey locked in a strong alliance, and who now have troops, equipment, and all military infrastructure in located just to the north of Israel (in Syria/Turkey) and thus an invasion of Israel could occur at any time (aka Gog-Magog of Ezekiel 38-39). And this also happens at a time on the prophetic timeline - when we would expect it - and here it is now ready to go. As with many people, I believe Isaiah 17 will happen first and it will be a proxy war with Iran behind the scenes. Hezbollah and Hamas are making more and more moves to both the Golan Border, the Gaza border and also the Lebanon border. Adding in the West Bank, this looks a lot like Isaiah 17. More importantly, its hard to imagine any lengthy period before this all begins especially given the constant and increasing war rhetoric. 

- I'm still perplexed at the lack of interest from today's church in prophetic events as we approach the ending of this age. It is such an important topic and the ramifications of what is coming is so massively huge - to ignore it seems bizarre. However, this has been the pattern of biblical prophecy throughout the ages. Despite things happening exactly as the prophets foretold (in their time), prophecy was either ignored of viewed with contempt (see Jeremiah, Elijah, etc.) - so this age really isn't different. It is still perplexing and for this reason Luke 12: 35-56 seems even more important and worthy of study. 

- Watching the world events is both scary and depressing if you aren't in the right frame of mind. I like to call it living in the shadow of the Tribulation: It isn't here yet but its so close we can see and feel the shadow descending. I believe this is the very reason we are given Luke 21:28 - which tells us to stand up and lift our heads because redemption is drawing near. This focus emphasizes the positive aspect of being in this era and not the negative (shadow). Also reading about how the prophets coped with living in similar periods has been a great source of comfort.

- Did I mention that we are very very close to the end of this age?

- I wonder how much longer we'll be able to post about prophecy and related events the way censorship is going...

- Even after all these years of following prophecy and the developments around the world, I am always in awe of what the prophets told us and the sovereignty of God. To let us know what will happen in these scary times was an act of love but it also confirms all of our beliefs.

- I really believe we are close (did I mention that?)



- All for now. Again, I'm tremendously honored and grateful to be able to do this. 

9 comments:

Heather said...

Scott, I have rarely ever posted, mainly due to time constraints. Life is crazy busy. However, please know that I am grateful for your website. I check it a minimum of 2 or 3 times per day and have for years now. I have a long list of sites I go to for prophecy news. I remember a time long ago when I could take the time to open and read each article because of how few there were. So much is happening at lightning speed now that I have to be selective what I take time to open and read. Regardless, thank you for your time and effort - please keep up the very hard work!

Grammie said...

Thank you soooo much Scott for your labor of love!!!! I often come to find
the news in one place. It’s very helpful! Oft times I read only the headlines
as there’s not enough time. I love That you have the article and link so on
the articles I do want to read it’s available to do so. I love t see how all the
Prophecy is being fulfilled!! Such. Great encouragement!! I’ve shared your
blog with countless others. Thanks again!!!

Anonymous said...

Scott,
Your blog is top quality and like Heather, I too visit it 2-3 times a day to see what is happening. MSM sources are silent as to many of these events so your blog is much appreciated. I do not mind the lack of a comment section. As of late commentary sections on YouTube/other Christian blogs are deteriorating into petty nasty arguments amongst believers besides the occasional trolls. Just my $0.02...

God bless you for your work in this area and TY!

Anonymous said...

Scott, I am so thankful that you take the time to keep us informed of how close we really are to "going home"!!! I also check your site everyday and sometimes more then once a day. I really miss all the comments because I learn even more from very knowledgeable readers. Many thanks brother, mary

KemBlank said...

Scott, I am truly grateful for your blog and read it daily, in fact it is usually the first place I check in the morning to see what is happening in the world. Also grateful for your own personal comments and agree that we are VERY close to going home. Also know that I pray for you frequently to continue to have protection, courage and wisdom to know which articles are most important to post. Thank you!

Anonymous said...

Scott,
Your site is one I must visit each morning as I feel I receive accurate updates of where we stand in the end times and the soon coming of our Lord. We are very blessed to have been given access to prophecy news and I pray that you may be able to keep your site active and growing. Reading your random thoughts brings home to me that you, too, as author of this wonderful site may be subject to the personal concerns and worries of the effectiveness of your writings and who you are reaching. The Lord reminds me daily we all walk together with him in these times and it is indeed HIM who guides us and leads us to reach out to those who live in the Lord. Please accept my thankfulness and appreciation for what you do.
A virtual hug to you.
Carol

Scott said...

Thanks so much :))

You hit on a couple of additional comments:
- I always struggle with how much to put in every article...I go to sites where I have to click 2-3 times to get to one article and end up having multiple screens open, so I try to put the most germane parts but sometimes these articles run long. I'm always torn on putting less info into each article but then I hate to delete some really key paragraphs. The bigger "problem" these days is the fact that there are so many interesting/pertinent articles I have to weed through them all to get the best ones.
- But also I do want to save people time, everybody is busy these days and I hope the service can be a one-stop shop for prophecy news where everything is consolidated into one spot. Rapture Forums is knocking it out of the park these days and I love that they are putting up old articles from Jack K up as each of these are worth reading.

Thanks again for the kind words - I honestly think these various groups or communities will congregate together after the gathering up and remember these days of watching as we are all called to do:)

ShelleyB said...

I know this is late, but that's a testimony to the "busyness" we all face these days. I am so glad you love what you do, because, and I'm sure I speak for many, we love what you do. I think you should keep doing what you are doing. We don't need one day's news on one page. We know there is a lot and we can scroll. I, too, check your site multiple times a day and sometimes wonder if you are up all night. ;o) Anyhow, thank you for your hard work and I was so glad to see something from YOU! I always thought who is this Scott guy - I'd like to thank him!!! And one day I will personally - when we get HOME! Yes, those of us who seriously watch are a select few, I believe. I've told my best friend (who doesn't watch at all) that I don't know why I watch, I just have to. Sometimes I wish I didn't, but that feeling soon goes away and I'm at it again. How can people not have their faces on the glass waiting for their Savior??? I just don't get that. But, anyhow, thanks so much again. And many prayers for you and yours and holy hugs to you!!! See you on the other side soon - I hope!

Scott said...

ShelleyB - thanks so much thats so nice and thoughtful of you :)

I used to do a lot more commentary and I plan on getting back to that. The sheer volume of the news makes it hard to take time out for commentary (by the way LOL on 'Who is this Scott guy' - made me laugh :) - anyway, I have it on my heart to do more commentary - maybe on the weekend I can carve in some time for that - I miss that a great deal (work gets in the way too unfortunately ) -

I am total agreement on watching - for me its always been really simple...I crave being with Jesus (and my family etc...and heaven of course, but mainly Jesus)...The signs reveal that we are moving in on that rapidly...that is vastly exciting, so I watch. Period. It confuses me as to why someone doesn't share that passion. I think it is "Normalcy Bias" more than anything. But the fact that pastors aren't warning people of what is to come is heartbreaking