Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Shiveluch Volcano Erupts Sending Ash To 70,000 Feet


Monster eruption of Shiveluch volcano blasts ash 70,000 feet in the sky in video


Well, this enhanced activity climaxed over the weekend with a monster Shiveluch volcanic eruption that sent a plume of ash and gas more than 70,000 feet in the sky.

The Volcanic Ash Advisory Center (VAAC) Anchorage reported on a volcanic ash plume rising to a staggering 70,000 ft (21300 m) and moving at 10 kts in NNE direction
This eruption at Shiveluch produced a “huge stratospheric injection” says Diamond, of the Oppenheimer Ranch Project. “We’re talking Plinian, Ultra-Plinian — one of the largest eruptions of the last decade.” 
Particulates ejected to altitudes above 32,800 feet (10km), and into the stratosphere, have a direct cooling effect on the planet.
Shivelush volcanic eruption on August 25 2019, Shivelush volcanic eruption on August 25 2019 video, Shivelush volcanic eruption on August 25 2019 picture


According to Kvert, the growth of the lava dome continues accompanied by a strong fumarolic activity, incandescence of the dome blocks and hot avalanches.
According satellite data, an ash plume on the height 4.5-5 km a.s.l. continues to drift to the north-west from the volcano.
Shiveluch is currently very unstable and ash explosions up to 32,800-49,200 ft (10-15 km) a.s.l. could occur at any time. Such explosive-extrusive eruptions could affect international and low-flying aircraft.

1 comment:

Brenda said...

Thank you sincerely for the info on Shiveluch. You are a good writer. I will put it & you on my prayer list as being as a Believer puts us on an unfavorable list re: internet, as well as many others. When I say I will pray, its not just a religious comment. It is a commitment for which I will answer to the Almighty. Finally, after 30+ years of knowing Jesus, I can say I fear God more than man. I think having a Basil Ganglia stroke at 64 years was what God used to show me there is no guarantee of tomorrow (Romans 8:28}. Although I have made what my Rehab Doctor is says unbelievable progress in 3 years, the last months the Holy Spirit finally got my attention to sow me that Intercession in His Court is my priority, then I'll form new neuropathways if I have time and can pray or review Scripture while I'm doing exercises. I have no idea why I'm telling you this. Pray Dorian has not hurt you. Again, excellent information.