Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Iran: Israel To Be 'First Victim' Of U.S. Attack On Syria. Russia Warns U.S. Of 'Catastrophic Consequences' Of Syria Intervention





Things are getting serious regarding the situation in Syria. We are probably days away from a U.S. attack and the warnings are increasing from Russia, Iran, China and Syria. 


Before getting to the news, let us all remember why we watch the unfolding of the final prophecies of this age:



Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father’s house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also. 



(John 14:1-4)











A senior Iranian lawmaker said Israel would be the first casualty of any U.S.-led strike on Syria, according to regional media reports.
Hossein Sheikholeslam, the director general of the Iranian parliament’s International Affairs bureau, claimed the United States would not dare attack Syria but said that if it does, “the Zionist regime will be the first victim.”

“No military attack will be waged against Syria,” Sheikholeslam was quoted as saying on Monday by Iran’s state run Fars News Agency.
“Yet, if such an incident takes place, which is impossible, the Zionist regime will be the first victim of a military attack on Syria,” Sheikholeslam said in an apparent response to the Obama administration’s increasingly stern rhetoric against Syria.
Iran has been one of embattled Syrian President Bashar al-Assad’s chief allies. It has sent Hezbollah reinforcements to battle rebel forces and acted as Assad’s chief defender in the Middle East.
As the Obama administration hints that it is gearing up to intervene in Syria following the reported use of chemical weapons, Iranian officials have similarly ramped up their rhetoric.
Sheikholeslam said Assad would immediately respond to a U.S. attack by going after the Jewish state with the full force of his military.
Syria can “heavily attack and raze the occupied territories,” Fars reported him as saying.

Russia has consistently thrown its support behind Assad, providing him with advanced weapons and blocking concrete action at the United Nations.
“The U.S. as well as the western and Arab states and certain regional countries are beating on the drums of war, but they should know that this is not to their benefit,” Esmayeeli was quoted as saying by Fars.
Esmayeeli, in an apparent reference to America’s defense budget cuts, went on to say that the United States is in no condition to wage a war against Syria. If America “starts a war with Syria, the U.S. will not achieve its desirable and needed results,” Esmayeeli said.









Russian leaders, increasingly convinced that the West is preparing for imminent military action inSyria, kept up a barrage of criticism Tuesday over what they claim will be an "illegal" and potentially "catastrophic" intervention into the affairs of a sovereign state.


A frustrated and increasingly despondent Moscow has already made clear that it can and will do nothing to stand in the way of Western military action against Syria, leaving it with few options beyond diplomatic sniping and rhetorical appeals to global public opinion.Russia has argued that Western nations arestampeding to judgement before all the facts are in about last week's alleged nerve gas attack in a Damascus suburb that may have killed more than 1,000 people.
Russia is also stressing that, absent a UN Security Council resolution authorizing force, any attack on Syria will be a violation of international law and a slippery slope that could lead to greater chaos in the region.








With the US poised for military action in Syria and amid uncertainty as to how Damascus will react, Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu and Defense Minister Moshe Ya’alon made clear Tuesday that while Israel will not get involved, it will respond severely if attacked.

“The State of Israel is ready for any scenario,” Netanyahu said at the end of urgent security consultations held in Tel Aviv. “We are not part of the civil war in Syria, but if we identify any attempt whatsoever to harm us, we will respond and we will respond with strength.”



An axis of evil does indeed extend from Tehran, through Damascus to Beirut, he said, and the “enlightened world” today understands what crimes against humanity that axis is capable of perpetrating.
“We are aware of the events these days in the Middle East developing before our eyes, and also hear the threats directed to Israel, even though we are not involved in the bloody conflict in Syria or in other conflicts in the Middle East,” he said.
“We remain responsible and deliberate in the face of these threats, but also say with a clear and determined voice: Whoever dares to test us will encounter the strength of the IDF.”









The prime minister’s pointed remarks were the latest in a string of vehement statements issued by Jerusalem and Damascus, with both sides threatening military action if they were struck.
However, Netanyahu’s 11-second message was widely seen in Israel as an attempt to deter Syria rather than to escalate the crisis. And Defense Minister Moshe Ya’alon and IDF Chief of the General Staff Lt.-Gen. Benny Gantz spoke in similar vein Tuesday evening.


“We hear the threats,” said Ya’alon, “even though we are not involved in the Syrian civil war.” He added: “We say loud and clear, whoever dares to test us will meet the power of the IDF.”
The IDF was “sharp” and prepared ”to do whatever is necessary” to protect the people of Israel, added Gantz.



Also see:




















33 comments:

Stephen said...

I just don't buy it Scott. I
could be wrong BUT I do not
BELIEVE FOR ONE SECOND that it
will be business as usual during
a 17 Isaiah conflict, much less
38 Ezekiel.

and to make it worse, one could
even make the case and call this
A LINE OF PROPHECIES war with
specific battles being fought from
start to finish.

I know HE is coming. and I know it
will be like A THIEF.....there is
too much risk now to rule this out.

maybe I will be wrong.

but stocks are IN A POSITION RIGHT
NOW for a black swan event...

THAT is what really scares me.

Stephen >>>>>>>>>>>>>>

David said...

The strikingly odd thing about all this is that when you talk to people about the Syrian conflict that is about to go down, most people look at you like.....what are you talking about....I wonder if that last soul is about to have their name written in the Lambs Book of Life?

Can't you just picture seeing God Almighty, seated at the throne, look over to Jesus and say, Son! Go!....and get my children?

David P

Scott said...

David

Watch out, you're about to get me all jacked up - When I start thinking about being in the presence of Jesus, I can barely contain myself!

David H said...

David, after i read your comment the hairs stood on the back of my neck..
I can't wait, im so exited...
Come Lord Jesus..

David said...

Agreed....the thing that had really hit home with me....big time...is that I've had hope, and faith, that what I have believed , read about, and even struggled with, is really real. Its one thing to read Gods word, and choose to believe, and its another thing to actually see the prophecies unfolding. I feel it..I have an overwhelming sense of......I just feel it. Just like the change of a season, one day you wake up and....you feel it.

Scott said...

Yea, I can so relate to that...I've been in a long discussion with someone struggling because of various pastors etc not only ignoring the topic, but being critical of the topic (prophecy etc - a literal view) - and I know many people - who have no idea whats going on, or the significance of world events right now....It is stunning, the ignorance of so many people - Christians and non-Christians.

Just like the days of Noah - they won't know what hit them.

History most definitely repeats itself doesn't it?

David said...

I'm lying awake in bed with so many things going through my mind. ( OK maybe it is my A.D.D.)

Things like who's sitting at the left hand of God the father?? ( I'm wondering if its The Archangel Gabrielle)?
I wonder what people (the unsaved) are going to think when they see people long since dead coming up out of the ground? So many thoughts.
David P

Scott said...

I personally don't think this will be something that people will really see. if we are changed in the twinkling of the eye - I would imagine that same time frame would apply to those already 'dead' - IOW, I think it will happen so fast that it would be a flash or something like that those left behind. Who knows though - just my speculation.

I believe we'll hear the "call" and in a split second be in heaven in our glorified bodies - and then engaged in an immediate massive praise and worship :)

Alice said...

And I heard as it were the voice of a great multitude, and as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of mighty thunderings, saying, Alleluia: for the Lord God omnipotent reigneth. Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready. (Revelation 19:6, 7 KJV)

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alice said...

It's soooooooo exciting! :)

David H said...

Amen, Alice...

WVBORN56 said...

Count me in! Can't go to bed tonight!

I have had three manly hugs from men I respect in my life or at least three that I remember with great affection. I can only imagine what a hug from Jesus will be like and to think it will be a reality for each of his children...perhaps even today!

Come Lord Jesus!

Anonymous said...

@David
I remember growing up in the church and saying to myself there's no way these events would happen without the world realizing the end is near. I was young and naive. I assumed everyone, even nonbelievers, would see these events and say this is in the bible so 'let me get ready'. I'am in aw at the lack of knowledge concerning end time prophecy and the fact that its being ignored by most christian news outlets is unsettling. The "we've heard it before" attitude have blinded them. But, thank you Lord for being faithful when were not. I pray im ready.

WVBORN56 said...

Good thoughts non Saint....but I am sure you are ready if you are trusting in the finished work of Jesus' shed blood on the cross. He is faithful even when we are not. We are saved by our faith in Jesus and faith alone!

Remember the heart of Jesus. He is the one who left the 99 to go after the 1. He is the one (the prodigals father)who not only fully restored his wayward son but fitted him with the best ring and the purple robe.

We often forget how much the Lord truly loves us and pursues us and forgives us. He is a wonderful loving forgiving Father.

What did the thief on the cross do to deserve salvation? He simply believed on the one who could pardon his sin!

Amazing grace that even saved a wretch like me!

Jesus your Bride awaits, undeserving but so very thankful to be the bride of the King of Kings and Lord of Lords!

Even so come Lord Jesus!

Dylan said...

There's so many what-ifs running through my head. What if this doesn't lead to Isaiah 17 right away? What if it does but the next prophecy we see fulfilled is a long ways off? How does Israel being weakened in Isaiah 17 indicate the timing of the chapter? There's so many questions, but I guess we only know in part. But we will one day know in full His plans. We've been saying it for 2000 years and I'm willing to say it for as long as I need to until he comes: Maranatha! Come soon, Lord. Amen

ChristineInCleveland said...

I DO BELIEVE there will be a pre-trib Rapture & I am utterly convinced of this... both in my heart & in Scripture. And it is just close enough now to lift my eyes up and be watching all these events unfold with growing amazement...

Maranatha!

David H said...

Why bring the tone down, everyone is posting uplifting comments, them someone has to start a debate.

1 Thessalonians 5:9 KJV
For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,

Revelation 3:10 KJV
Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.

Even the old testament talks about it...

Isaiah 26:20-21 KJV
Come, my people, enter thou into thy chambers, and shut thy doors about thee: hide thyself as it were for a little moment, until the indignation be overpast. [21] For, behold, the Lord cometh out of his place to punish the inhabitants of the earth for their iniquity: the earth also shall disclose her blood, and shall no more cover her slain.

Anonymous said...

@ shay fuller
Do you think its possible to follow the example of David H above and provide scripture to verify your belief.It would be greatly appreciated.

Alice said...

@shay fuller

No, please do not provide scripture to support your opinion. We too have studied and studied God's Word. This is Scott's blog. He has studied and even written a book on this. We are ALL fully aware of ALL of the arguments for alternate rapture timings and are VERY weary of debating this. Scott has asked time and time again that this NOT be a debate forum. You have posted your opinion and another blog (yours?) to support yourself. That is sufficient.

Please respect Scott AND allow us to be our very happy little family of dispensational, pre-tribulational, pre-millennial believers!

Anonymous said...

@Alice

I was not fishing for a debate. Matter fact, Im not even sure which
view is correct. I feel more comfortable with pre, but not confident. I'm fairly new here and was not aware of Scotts demands. I asked for scriptures because I'm accustomed to Christians supporting their views with scriptures. I aways thought it was a good practice. My sincere apologies.

Stephen said...

THERE IS NO QUESTION in my mind due
to the Wedding Customs of the Jews
that the RAPTURE WILL HIT before
the trib. 7 years begin. I believe
Scott proved that once already.

ONCE is enough.

i am over that....others can THINK
whatevers, I do not care.

I am MUCH MORE DISTURBED by the
STALLING going on in WASH, DC...

Talk is now that the strike MAY
come on the 29th after a so called
fact REPORT is issued....

really...????

HEY I AM NOT STUPID

something is not right here.

why the delay ??

unless of course it is being HELD
OFF from above until the final
number is reached and the church is GONE.

that would make sense....

either that, or Obama will flake
off on it and cancel it...

we will see.


They have had ONE WEEK already
and they are still stalling ??

HMMMMMMM >>>>>>>>>

I wonder why, really.....why ????

Stephen >>>>>>>>>>>>>








David said...

Stephen, the strike is forthcoming. The U.N.inspectors have to leave the area, happening today. (reportedly). The findings have been delivered to Washington. Evidence is overwhelming that Assad did use C.W. 4 destroyers 100 miles off the coast of Syria. The U.S. is ready to strike, now.
Obama has to give a speech today for the 50th anniversary of The Martin Luther King speech.
Based on my own personal training and experience, it will happen before weeks end, probably at night......hang tight my brother.

David P.

Scott said...

Shay

I'm just not getting into that debate again, and I can't let your post stand without a thorough rebuttal, but I'm too tired of doing it and don't have the energy to do it again. We've been down this road a thousand times and its tiring. This is a pre-trib site - sorry

Scott said...

David H - this is what they excell in..They HATE to see Christians excited about the coming of Jesus. Period.

Dylan said something worth considering.

To add to what he said, lets remember there are several scenarios that could be in play here. This whole thing could be simply more stage-setting (sorta like the 'peace talks' is stage setting).

The US could just launch a few token bombs that have no consequence and no one will care (and I could see O doing this )...That is one scenario that I could see.

We just don't know where this will lead. Its obviously worth watching and in terms of a historical perspective it is amazing that Damascus has the world's attention and we know where this will invariably lead - but the timing is God's - we just don't know

Scott said...

non-Saint - 'they' never provide scripture. Normally they will debate one of the multiple scriptures and base their entire argument on that single scripture and they will ignore all of the rest. Its too frustrating to get into.

I used to engage in the debate, but its always circular and they always refuse to acknowledge the whole body of scriptures that point to pre-trib. I'm too old to keep debating that and time is too short anyway.

Sandra said...

Hi Scott,

This might be a good time to share a little about myself. In Feb of 2012, our pastor asked us to participate in a fast followed by 40 days/24 hour day prayer cover at the church. He wanted one person to be at the church for an hour shift of prayer. I felt very convicted that I needed to be part of this. We were to pray for our Nation of Canada, our Prime Minister and leaders as well as our City of Kingston.
I had been really thinking and struggling with were I stood with the rapture. Prior to this time I could have written the same words as Shay.
It was about 10 days into the prayer, I arrived early and was sitting in foyer of the church waiting for my turn. I happened to be thinking on this very issue. When God started speaking to me...He finished by saying to me. "Sandra,you ready yourself and prepare, you will be spared from the hour of testing that it coming to this earth". End of argument! A few days later I found this site as started following along.
Scott, you are so right to be tired of all the arguments, God is with you!.

Thank you again, I hope this helps someone as I felt it was important to share this.

Sandra

Scott said...

Sandra - Thanks so much for sharing that. In addition to your experience, we have so many scriptures which point to pre-trib - not to mention the fact that the CHurch isn't mentioned in Rev 6-18, not to mention the fact that the Church is seen in Rev 19, awaiting (and celebrating) the imminence of the Second Coming, not to mention the parallel with the wedding scenario with the Jewish Bride, etc etc etc....

I had a similar type of experience about a year ago...I was walking up some steps at my house when I clearly heard a voice that said "I am coming soon". Period. It came out of nowwhere and at a time that I wasn't even thinking about any of this stuff - just out of the blue.

Anyway, God Bless and thanks again

Scott

Waterer said...

Thank you Sandra for sharing. Keeping faith in the Lord's deliverance from wrath is at the heart of the rapture of the church. He alone is Sovereign and He alone is good. We enter His Presence fully clothed in His righteousness . Ours is filthy. Preparing to meet Him is not an act of clothes washing but of turning our hearts steadfastly towards the lover of our souls.
I am praying for those I care for who do not know Him yet. They should be our biggest concern NOT the believer who isn't watching. The Lord will speak to hearts that are His just as He spoke to your heart Sandra. Because He LOVES us.

David H said...

Scott- They can hate all they want, but they will never take away my excitement at seeing my KING face to face :)
God bless...

Sandra said...

Waterer, it is so true...God is concerned with the condition of our heart!

Sandra

David H said...

Hey Shay, we might disagree with certain topics in the Bible but at least we can all agree on one thing and that is our desire to see HIM,
Oh I cant wait :-)

Unknown said...

Yes indeed David! What a wonderful time that will be!

David H said...

Amen, Shay
Have a wonderful day...
God bless...