I usually try to avoid speculation, in efforts to stick to the "facts" exclusively. That, to me, means simply revealing the scriptures and then showing the current world events and then letting the reader determine whether these world events line up with prophecy or not. Usually, its so self-explanatory that no further commentary is needed.
However, I can't help but have several recurring thoughts in the context of everything we see today.
A quick glance at the world shows several interesting aspects (over and beyond the usual "prophetic events" discussions):
- The EU is beginning to receive commentary about its viability - in light of the situation in Greece and several other countries
that are in a similar financial situation.
- The Euro, for the first time since its inception, is beginning to have serious questions about its viability as a currency for the
EU - in fact, the concept of any form of a central currency is also beginning to receive serious questions.
- The "peace talks" (whether "direct" or "indirect") seem to have reached another roadblock - and as usual centered around the
issue of Jerusalem. There is no apparent solution - meanwhile the arms build-up in the region continues.
- The EU has an admittedly significant lack of leadership at the top. The current "leaders" lack vision and charisma, and this
lack of leadership is beginning to symbolize the overall lack of direction within the EU.
- The Med Union is in place, but it too seems to lack a specific direction and focus.
- The world's financial crisis is in the early stages. After Greece, there are a number of countries in the EU that are facing
similar collapse - a collapse brought on by years and years of the weight of non-sustainable social programs.
We know several important headline topics from biblical prophecy:
- The EU will continue its growth, and its strength will grow (despite the obstacles outlined above).
- A central world currency will be developed - as a logistical entry point for the Mark of the Beast.
- There will be a peace settlement brokered in the Middle east (at least a temporary settlement), but when brokered it will
appear to be the "be all - end all" settlement.
- We also know that the EU will have its leadership in place at some point in this continuum.
What does all of this point to?
It seems clear that the EU needs a "big" leader to emerge and lead the way out of this crumbling situation.
Only the antichrist seems capable of pulling all of this together, with the necessary solutions to these problems. It is possible for another (other than the antichrist) leader to emerge, and perhaps continue the "road-paving" process that we see today, but I don't think so.
The problems seem to big for any "normal" human to solve. From the Middle-East problems, to the world's financial crisis, to the EU's array of problems - there seems to be no apparent solution.
But we know the antichrist will ride in like a knight in shining armor and appear to have everything solved. It is one way he will gain such power and prominence. He will even seem to solve the Middle-East problems, as he "confirms" the covenant of Daniel 9:27.
But it also seems clear that he will have to arrive before the Euro collapses. He will have to arrive before any potential break-up of the EU. He will arrive in time to "save the day" in the Middle East. He will even offer an explanation for the Rapture.
I believe that we have reached a point in which none of these problems will be solved before the arrival of the antichrist.
I also believe that we are nearing a "breaking point" in which these problems could become irreversible. For instance, I don't see the EU breaking up and then re-forming. Biblical prophecy seems to indicate unencumbered growth (which is what we have witnessed thus far, with the EU developing into the Med Union), once started. Recall that birth pains, once started, do not reverse - they progress in a fairly predictable pattern.
The stage is set, but that stage won't remain so forever. It seems that everything is in perfect place for the arrival of the antichrist.
The non-believing world is seeking just such a leader - someone who can solve these seemingly insurmountable problems that the entire planet faces today - starting in Europe and the Middle-East - areas that will be the antichrist's "playground" before his reach extends to encompass the entire world.
The time is ripe. But there is one big event that must happen first: The Rapture of the Church. This epic event will take the current tenuous situation that the world is facing, and dramatically and immediately worsen everything - especially the financial situation.
We are just on the brink.
It is time to be prepared spiritually, just as Jesus directed. We are about to come face to face with our Lord and Savior - Christ Jesus.
Are you prepared?