Monday, October 12, 2009

Pretending to negotiate

Iran has made it abundantly clear on many occasions that they have no intentions to stop their uranium enrichment program, a program which has one single endpoint, and that is nuclear weapons. I can relate to Iran's frustration that no one seems to be listening (other than prophecy watchers, who get the message loud and clear). We see today (again):



"Iran dismissed U.S. warning ahead of nuclear talks". In this article we see the following quotes:

"Iran dismissed Monday a U.S. warning that major powers would not wait forever for Tehran to prove it was not developing nuclear bombs, saying that threats deadlines would have no impact on the Islamic Republic."

"Foreign Ministry spokesman Hassan Qashqavi, speaking a week before a meeting in Vienna on a proposal to send Iranian uranium abroad for further processing, also reiterated Iran's refusal to discuss its 'nuclear rights' with the six world powers."

"'We have announced several times that we have nothing to discuss about that', he told a news conference in comments translated by Iran's state Press TV."

"Such comments by Qashqavi are likely to fuel Western suspicions that Iran is seeking to win time by engaging for the sake of engaging while further mastering enrichment technologies."


Wow, now THATS a grasp of the obvious. Iran keeps repeating over and over that they will not stop their progress towards uranium enrichment (lets not forget that they already have enough material for two nuclear bombs, which is more than enough to destroy Israel - the end game here anyway). In some ways this is all moot. But what is the game by the West?

It seems clear. If you don't want to make a difficult decision, such as to bomb the Iranian nuclear facilities, pretending to engage in "talks" is a very convenient way to avoid a tough decision. Additionally, after reaching the "point of no return", then the U.S. can simply say "Iran already has nukes, its too late now", and magically, you avoided making ANY decision.

Of course this is easy for the U.S. - We aren't in Iran's backyard, and Iran poses no immediate threat to the U.S.
However Israel has no such luxury. Their very existence depends on this decision regarding Iran's nuclear facilities.

This situation will come to a head sometime in the near future. When it does, I believe we will see prophetic events rapidly leading into the Gog-MaGog war of Ezekiel 38-39. I am also of the belief that the Rapture of the Church will occur prior to this epic event (my speculation only - I always want to be very clear about that -- its a non-scriptural view, but based upon the fact that God will reveal Himself in a huge, dramatic way as He ends the invasion, and that, to me, seems highly inconsistent with the "Church Age").

Its just a matter of time now. Meanwhile we all play "The Pretend Game", and pretend that negotiations will work - with a country that has declared publicly - on multiple occasions - that they have no intentions of negotiating. Fortunately, Israel has a leader who recognizes this fact, and a leader who recognizes the peril that Israel lives with daily.

The clock on this situation is ticking. Israel cannot wait much longer. God is also patiently waiting for His moment - the moment in which He makes His dramatic intervention into the Middle-East situation - an intervention which will be seen by the entire world. Its all described in plain language in Ezekiel 38-39, and like all prophecy it will happen. God even stated this fact:

"It is coming! It will surely take place, declares the Sovereign Lord. This is the day I have spoken of." (Ezekiel 39:8)

"And so I will show my greatness and my holiness, and I will make myself known in the sight of many nations. Then they will know that I am the Lord." (Ezekiel 38:23)

"I will display my glory among the nations..." (Ezekiel 39:21)

Its just a matter of time now.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I believe as you do that God is going to rapture His church before the trib begins. I just wanted share some scripture to back that. Rev. 3:10 states that "because you ahve kept My command to persevere, I also will keep you from the hour of trial which shall come upon the whole world" and 1These 5:9 for God did not appoint us to wrath". I hope that I have strengthened you as you have me.