Just this morning I came across two commentaries that are very worthwhile:
1. Hal Lindsey wrote an excellent summary of the situation between Iran and Israel. Almost every "sign" points to an invasion by Israel - intended to destroy Iran's nuclear facilities: (full article here)
Will Israel Strike Iran?
Many factors are now converging to indicate that Israel is at long last about to attack Iran's nuclear enrichment facilities.
* Factor 1: President Obama's plan to draw Iran into an arms-length working relationship to help the U.S. establish stable governments in Iraq and Afghanistan and to restrain terrorist activities in the region have clearly been dashed. If there was ever any hope of that plan working, it was clearly rejected by the Ayatollahs and Ahmadinejad when they smashed the popular rebellion of citizens over the rigged Presidential election. If Obama had any plans to force Iran to abandon their headlong pursuit of producing nuclear weapons, it was clearly rejected by the current Iranian leadership. The Obama administration has indicated by its failure to act against both Iran and North Korea's flagrant violations of U.N. warnings that it has no intention of taking the only option left to stop Iran - military action.
* Factor 2: In the light of this, the Saudi and Egyptian leaders now recognize that the U.S. has no plan to stop Iran's nuclear weapons program. They, along with other Muslim Middle East oil producing nations realize that their futures are in great peril if Iran goes nuclear and becomes the dominant Muslim power in the world. A former head of research in Israeli intelligence said, "The Saudis are very concerned about an Iranian nuclear bomb, even more that the Israelis."
So it appears that The Saudis and Egyptians have adopted a strategic principle from Muhammad - "the enemy of my enemy is my friend!"
Referring to a leak from a ‘diplomatic source', The London Sunday Times reported that Saudi officials have agreed in secret talks with Mossad Chief Meir Dagan to turn a blind eye to Israeli planes if they fly over kingdom to attack Iranian nuclear sites.
In any Muslim secret understanding with Israel, it is understood that they must always have public "deniability". And as soon as the Sunday Times reported this leak, the denials from the Saudis, Egyptians and Israel were predictably immediate.
* Factor 3: Another factor that indicates that an Israeli attack on Iran is imminent was revealed on July 3rd. DEBKAfile gave a special report on an Israeli Dolphin class submarine's move from the Mediterranean to the Indian Ocean via the Suez Canal. This was ostensibly done to take part in naval maneuvers in the Eilat-Red Sea area. This submarine has the ability to launch advanced nuclear-armed cruise missiles through its torpedo tubes. This is a necessary capability for any future attack against Iran's nuclear facilities. It could not only launch a second strike, but also be used to pick up downed Israeli airmen. For this submarine to move through the Suez Canal required Egyptian approval. And once again, Egypt denied any such thing took place, even though there are pictures of the sub moving through the canal.
* Factor 4: In a startling interview by ABC's George Stephanoupolos of VP Joseph Biden, a tacit "green light" seems to have been telegraphed to Israel that the U.S. will not interfere with any future attack on Iran's nuclear facilities. During the interview, Mr. Biden said, "Look, Israel can determine for itself - it's a sovereign nation - what's in their interest and what they decide to do relative to Iran and anyone else."
* Factor 5: The most important factor to me is that according to many Bible prophecies about the "last days" reborn State of Israel, it cannot be destroyed. The Messiah will return to a hopelessly surrounded Israeli State and miraculously deliver it. He will then take Israel's believing remnant and turn the state into the center of the Kingdom of Heaven on earth for a thousand years. If Iran gets nuclear weapons, as reported in another article on this report, It could and would destroy Israel in seconds.
So I believe it is time for all born again believers to pray for God's people. I believe the long anticipated strike by Israel on Iran is imminent. But it will not be without great cost. Iran has the ability to strike all over Israel with a barrage of ballistic missiles that will cause many casualties. It is horrible to think about, but Israel knows that if they delay until Iran goes nuclear, the casualties will be infinitely worse. So Israel, once again with its very existence at stake, must act alone in its own behalf. And the world stands by and offers no help. Let us stand by them in prayer to their God.
2. The second commentary is an interesting perspective regarding the Rapture or "gathering up" of the Church and its ramifications. As written by author Joseph Chambers (find here), he points out the "victory" gained by the Church when Christ comes for His "Bride" and the defeat which will be handed to the adversary, Satan.