As Putin arrives at the Minsk Summit, his Deputy Foreign Minister makes the Russian position clear to Washington:
- *U.S. ARMS SUPPLIES TO UKRAINE WILL HAVE DRAMATIC OUTCOME: IFX
- *RUSSIA WILL NOT IGNORE U.S. ARMS SUPPLIES TO UKRAINE: IFX
Hardly what Merkel or Hollande wants to hear?
As Interfax reports,
- U.S. LETHAL WEAPONS SUPPLIES TO EAST UKRAINE WILL HAVE DRAMATIC CONSEQUENCES, RUSSIA WON'T BE ABLE TO STAY ASIDE - RYABKOV
- CHIZHOV: U.S. IS ARTIFICIALLY SUPPORTING DEBATE IN EUROPE ON SUPPLY OF WEAPONS TO UKRAINE
- CHIZHOV: EUROPE UNDERSTANDS THAT SUPPLY OF WEAPONS TO UKRAINE WILL INCREASE RISK OF DIRECT INVOLVEMENT OF RUSSIA
And finally Poroshenko adds,
- POROSHENKO: SITUATION WILL GET OUT OF CONTROL IF AGREEMENT ON DE-ESCALATION OF SITUATION IN DONBAS IS NOT REACHED IN MINSK
Russia has indicated it wants the new ceasefire line to endorse its recent territorial gains, to post UN peacekeepers to the conflict zone, and for rebel-held areas to gain quasi-independence in a federal Ukraine.
Please note how highly dependent France and Italy are on Russian gas. France is a major player in NATO and Italy plays home to important NATO basis. If Germany acquiesces and partners with Russia, I would expect France and Italy to follow suit. How long could the UK remain a close ally of the U.S. when the rest of Europe shifts its allegiances?
The U.S. should be quaking in its boots. Putin has already proven to be a master of signing favorable energy deals in order to block the U.S. sphere of influence. Last November, Russia signed the world’s largest energy deal worth nearly with China. This move signals a shift away from China partnering with America so long as China controlled and owned U.S. debt. This energy deal also signaled a dramatic foreign policy shift in China’s move away from the United States and aligning with Russia.
Less than one month after Russia signed its $400 billion dollar energy deal with China... the fifth summit of the Turkey-Russia High Level Cooperation Council, culminated with the signing of agreements and an amazing announcement by Russian President Vladimir Putin.Putin stated that the South Stream pipeline project...would run through Turkey. This makes Turkey extremely dependent upon Russia. Turkey is the home of several NATO military facilities including nuclear weapons.
If Russia is to successfully turn Germany and Turkey away from NATO, America would see the breakup of NATO.