Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Iran Back In Focus: Liberman - Israel Will Have To deal With Iranian Threat On Its Own





Liberman: Israel Will Have To Deal With Iranian Threat On Its Own



Israel will have to grapple on its own with the threat posed by Iran’s drive to attain nuclear weapons, Knesset Foreign Affairs and Defense Committee Chairman Avigdor Liberman warned on Tuesday, speaking as the world watched a Russian-initiated proposal push off any likely US-led intervention against the Assad regime in Syria..

“We rely only on ourselves. At end of the day, from 1948 onward, no outsiders protected Israel. We dealt with all threats alone. We have no expectations or demands from the world,” the blunt-talking Liberman told Israel’s Channel 2 TV. Similarly, where Iran’s nuclear program was concerned, Israel “will have to deal with it on our own,” said Liberman, the former foreign minister who is No. 2 to Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu in the Knesset’s Likud-Beytenu alliance.






Kremlin sources have reportedly confirmed that Russia will supply Iran with five S-300 anti-aircraft missile batteries and a new nuclear reactor in Bushehr.

After calling off a transfer of five S-300 missile batteries to Iran three years ago, Russia is now interested in renewing the agreement and in setting up a civilian nuclear reactor for its long-time ally as part of a deal worth $800 million, Russian newspaper Kommersant reported Wednesday.

Russian President Vladimir Putin is set to meet Friday with Iranian President Hasan Rouhani in Kazakhstan, where the two leaders are expected to discuss the deal in further detail, the report said.
Rouhani on Tuesday stated that his country “will not give up one iota” of its nuclear program, despite recent hopes that the new president, widely considered a relative moderate, would cooperate with United Nationsinspectors on his country’s nuclear facilities.
A senior Russian lawmaker said that Russia could expand arms sales to Iran and revise the terms of US military transit to Afghanistan if Washington launched a strike on Syria.







Russian President Vladimir Putin has approved the transfer of S-300 anti-aircraft missiles to Iran, according to the prestigious Russian daily newspaper Kommersant.
The newspaper reported on Wednesday that the Russian government will revive the transfer three years after it canceled the original transaction.
According to Kommersant, the Kremlin agreed to Tehran’s request to complete the transaction, which will net the Russian treasury $800 million.
In addition to the missile deal, Russia has also agreed to construct another nuclear reactor in Bushehr. According to the Kommersant report, the two sides are expected to finalize the details of the deal this coming Friday, when Putin is expected to meet his Iranian counterpart, Hassan Rouhani, in the central Asian republic of Kyrgyzstan.

Kommersant reported on Wednesday that the Russians intend on supplying Iran with a less advanced version of the S-300 than originally thought.
The Russian-manufactured anti-aircraft batteries have been a source of concern to Israeli officials who fear that their enemies’ possession of them could have adverse strategic consequences.






Tense negotiations have begun on a proposed UN resolution that would put Syria’s chemical weapons under international control and end a diplomatic stalemate over a deadly August 21 poison gas attack, a French official said Wednesday.

The plan for Syria to relinquish its chemical weapons, initiated by Russia, appeared to ease the crisis over looming Western strikes against Bashar Assad’s regime in Damascus, only to open up new potential for impasse as Moscow rejected US and French demands for a binding UN resolution with “very severe consequences” for non-compliance.


The French official close to the president, who spoke on condition of anonymity because negotiations remained sensitive, said Russia objected not only to making the resolution militarily enforceable, but also to blaming the Aug. 21 attack on the Syrian government and demanding that those responsible be taken before an international criminal court.

Wary of falling into what the French foreign minister called “a trap,” Paris and Washington are pushing for a UN Security Council resolution to verify Syria’s disarmament. Russia, a close ally of Syrian leader Bashar Assad and the regime’s chief patron on the international stage, dismissed France’s proposal on Tuesday.
The diplomatic maneuvering threatened growing momentum toward a plan that would allow President Barack Obama to back away from military action. Domestic support for a strike is uncertain in the United States, even as Obama seeks congressional backing for action — and there has been little international appetite to join forces against Assad.






Also see:

























10 comments:

Scott said...

I'll come back to this thread in a few minutes - I've been away from the computer all day and want to get an update out before coming back to this

Scott said...

I just didn't have time to read through the comments, and I didn't have time. I have some days that I work ~ 12 hours and travel - combining that with the +/- 2 hours on researching articles in the morning and similar amount of time at night just doesn't leave much time for the comments. In fact, I wish I did have more time to comment on people's various comments and feel bad that I don't - but there just aren't enough hours in the day.

So its just easiest and best for me to delete the entire thing. For anyone who spent any amount of time and effort and thought to post a comment - I apologize, but I hope you can see the position I am in.

In this one, I have no idea who said what or why.

Also - as stated before, I have no desire to moderate a comment section - in fact when I started this blog, I never considered that the comment section would be something I'd spend any time on at all.

Another thing - I tend to get very very focused (ask my wife and daughter!) - to the point that when I am concentrating on something I get completely absorbed - to the point of not hearing or seeing anything going on around me - and now - with the nearness of the hour - I see Jesus just behind these headlines. On other words, as I see prophecy unfolding before our very eyes - I know that Jesus' return is imminent. Thats the focus now. I can't get distracted. In fact, the most recent update just went in and I'm focused on the news stories that I haven't gotten to yet.

So God Bless to everyone. And again I apologize to those who spent time commenting - but its SO much easier to delete the thread and move on.

Thanks

David said...

I can appreciate your 12 shifts, I never got use to them...however the rotation off was very nice. I don't have anything else to say on the topic of discussion today Scott. I do however need to ask you a question. Have you ever known me to use different names here or just David?

Scott said...

To be honest, I have spent so little time on the comments section lately - things have been so busy (with both Syria and 'life') I have been mostly skimming the comments quickly - sometimes I admit I do get the Davids confused (I believe there are 3 now?)! (probably due to my senility) - I do have ways, obviously, to see who is who but it takes time and effort that I haven't had lately (actually I haven't in a while anyway because once I figured out what was going on a while back, I figured I could manage it from my end, and that has worked) - and its been pretty quiet. But other than getting the Davids confused, no I don't know if you have used any other names etc - or anybody else thats been posting lately for that matter. Usually If I'm not dealing in the rhelm of the pre-trib rapture or free grace, it stays pretty calm :)

David said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

David P.
Glad you are still here. I for one enjoy your postings and also appreciate your info.
Time is short, and we are all brothers and sisters looking for our Father to bring us home. "see ya at the house."

Mrs.C said...

Forgive me David, but on the 2nd you assured everyone that there would be a "strike" between Thurs 9/5 and Sun 9/8. Kerry did not make his accidental press interview comments until Mon the 9th, and it wasnt until the 9th, that by the end of the day things were stopped.

Surprised that any communications from someone in the IDF to you, would be allowed. Whew...their pretty strict on that, and heavy charges for leaks involving their Security...

David said...

I said I would look for a strike, that wasn't a definite assurance. And yes it did get put on hold because of his comments.

Said nothing about anyone leaking info.

Mrs.C said...

Forgive me again, David, but your comments clearly suggested you had inside info that a strike was to occur, and this was BEFORE Kerry's comments...in fact you were questioned as to where you got this "info" regarding the strike, and you stated it was a "credible" source that you were not at liberty to say. Days later you continued saying “Again, from what I am hearing this won't just be a one night stand”.Forgive me, but posting this info on a blog, if it is true, is not good. Remember "loose lips sink ships"...

You said you have "contacts" in the IDF, again that obviously suggests that is A source of “contact” information for you if true. In context:

David said...
Scott, I'm looking for the strike between Thursday and Sunday.There's more to this than just a shot across the bow.Not at liberty to say much right now.
David P
September 2, 2013 at 11:14 PM

Stephen said...
David where are u getting this info
from ?? Is it reliable ??
please explain.
Stephen >>>>>>>>>>>>>>
September 3, 2013 at 2:20 AM

David said...
Yes, its very credible
September 3, 2013 at 7:33 AM

David said...

Yeah, Mrs. C, and I just told you that the information was credible, and still is. I don't ever recall saying that the IDF people were a source of anything, that is you making an assumption. I said pray for the IDF there on the west bank, they are surrounded by hatred, and are no more than brothers in Christ. And you don't have to worry about loose lips and the sinking of ships, I have taken the oath, I know what it means. So do you have anything specific you wanted to ask or just your usual condescending remarks.