Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Iran And Syria Deals Intertwined?





Iran, and not just Russia and Syria, is taking advantage of President Barack Obama’s decision to refrain from military force against Syria to collect a shower of diplomatic and political dividends.

The new Iranian president Hassan Rouhani announced Tuesday that the coming meeting of the General Assembly opening in New York later this month “may prove the perfect setting to reignite talks about the nation’s nuclear program.“ The US Treasury Department accordingly lifted a string of sanctions restricting humanitarian and athletic exchanges between US and Iranian NGOs and environmental projects, as a counter-gesture of good will.

Washington was not put off when that comment proved to be an exercise in image-burnishing for the benefit of the West. That same day, the Iranian president declared his country would not give up “one iota of its nuclear capabilities.”

DEBKAfile’s Iranian sources disclose that the posturing on all sides provided the façade for the secret exchange of messages between Washington, Tehran, Moscow and Damascus. They focused first on a Russian pledge to bring Assad’s chemical arsenal under international control and destroyed. This was followed by Tehran consenting to engage in direct dialogue with Washington when the next UN General Assembly session opens in New York on September 23.

Rouhani, who has consistently refused to enter into direct talks with Washington on his government’s nuclear program, said Friday, Sept. 6: “Initial steps in the future of nuclear talks may be taken in New York and then these talks will be pursued by the Group 5 + 1.”

For President Obama, the two issues - the disposal of Syria’s chemical weapons and resolution of the nuclear controversy with Iran - were closely interwoven in his quiet exchanges with Vladimir Putin, which emphasized the diplomatic, non-military route.
The Russian leader appears to have assured Obama that an agreed formula for defusing the Syrian chemical weapons issue without military force would provide the key to progress in nuclear talks with Iran.

Our Iranian sources report that Tehran was in on all stages of the discreet Obama-Putin discussions on Syria: High-ranking Iranian officials were present in Damascus and Moscow throughout, and points of agreement were brought to Tehran for approval.












9 comments:

rod said...

Meanwhile, the falling away continues - http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/pope-francis-assures-sceptics-you-dont-have-to-believe-in-god-to-go-to-heaven-8810062.html

Stephen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stephen said...

Scott, I feel HIM coming....

do you feel it ??

please tell me....

It feels so close now, like I am
NOT part of this world any more.
I feel torn, like I am being
pulled away into another time,
another dimension.

I know I am still here, but it does not feel like that at all.

Jesus is calling me....

is HE coming soon Scott ??

please tell me if you feel it.

I can't get it out of my mind...

hard to resist HIS voice....

his warnings...

of how close HE is.

really truly real, I think HE is calling every one to be READY to
go home.....this struggle will soon
be over.

this world IS NOT our home, we are of a HIGHER calling; in another world.

see this....

http://news.yahoo.com/russia-toying-us-missile-sale-iran-raises-210520181.html

Stephen >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Anonymous said...

Hi all,
I want to tell you all about one of my friend. He is catholic and when I told him about the rapture, he didn't believe me. Few days later, he called me and he said he got a message in the paper that he took randomly in the church that said: "Be Patient, I am coming soon"
I can not wait for the rapture. I know it coming soon. GBU all...

Anonymous said...

Billionaire Tells Americans to prepare for "Financial Ruin"

Billionaires Dumping Stocks, Economist Knows Why

Despite the 6.5% stock market rally over the last three months, a handful of billionaires are quietly dumping their American stocks . . . and fast.

http://www.moneynews.com/MKTNews/billionaires-dump-economist-stock/2012/08/29/id/450265?PROMO_CODE=1393F-1

Anonymous said...

Warren Buffett, who has been a cheerleader for U.S. stocks for quite some time, is dumping shares at an alarming rate.

Unfortunately Buffett isn’t alone.

Fellow billionaire John Paulson, who made a fortune betting on the subprime mortgage meltdown, is clearing out of U.S. stocks too.

http://www.moneynews.com/MKTNews/billionaires-dump-economist-stock/2012/08/29/id/450265?PROMO_CODE=1393F-1

Scott said...

Stephen - yes indeed - I do and I agree

Yes - very very interesting

Unknown said...

I have commented before, but I am not sure if my comments went through. I rarely miss reading this blog each day. I sense in my spirit mightily that our Lord and Saviour Jesus is coming for us at any moment. My eyes filled with tears reading Stephen's comment. I am feeling the same way. I feel as if I am here but, not here. I have such a longing to see our Jesus and, to hold on to him and never let go. Praise his Holy name! We are definitely at the arrival of our Savior. Every thing he sais would happen, is right before us. I have an urgency more than ever to tell people to get ready. God bless you Stephen and Scott! I look forward to this blog every day. God bless also my sisters in Christ that blog here also.

Maybe today, or any second.....Maranatha!
Shirley

Scott said...

Amen Shirley!