PROPHECY UPDATE
PROPHECY RELATED NEWS AND COMMENTARY
Monday, August 17, 2026
The Mask Is Coming Off: The Radical Left's Vision For A World Without Israel
Sunday, August 16, 2026
US Forces No Longer Allowed Into Strait of Hormuz – Iranian Army Commander
EU Net Zero Regulations Are Killing Off Agriculture
Hezbollah awaits green light from Tehran to escalate Lebanon-Israel tensions
A Lebanese source said Sunday that Hezbollah is deliberately seeking to derail direct negotiations between Israel and Lebanon, claiming the terrorist organization is stepping up its military activity while awaiting a green light from Iran to escalate further.
Lebanese newspaper Nidaa al-Watan cited a local political source as warning of Hezbollah's plans. The source said the organization was trying to disrupt the US-sponsored negotiations and was waiting for instructions from Tehran before broadening the military confrontation, against the backdrop of tensions between Iran and the US administration.
According to the Lebanese source, the current escalation in southern Lebanon is opening the door to dangerous scenarios that could lead to renewed war and the collapse of diplomatic talks. At the same time, the source also pointed a finger at Israel, claiming Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu was seeking a military achievement on the southern Lebanon front. The source claimed Netanyahu's goal was to improve his political standing ahead of the upcoming Israeli elections and to use developments on the ground to pressure the Lebanese side in the negotiations.
Meanwhile, Lebanese security officials told the Saudi-owned Asharq Al-Awsat that any Hezbollah attempt to repel the IDF's advance in the Ali al-Taher Ridge area would likely be met with an expansion of Israeli strikes deeper into Lebanon. The officials said the aim was to increase pressure on both Hezbollah and the Lebanese state. They added that Lebanon continued to maintain that the ceasefire should be consolidated and that additional pilot zones should be designated for an IDF withdrawal.
The warnings came after a tense weekend in southern Lebanon. Three IDF soldiers were seriously wounded Saturday when an explosive drone launched by Hezbollah struck a force operating in the Ali al-Taher Ridge area, in violation of the ceasefire. In response, the IDF struck a series of targets, including a Hezbollah headquarters from which the attack order had been issued. In one strike in the Deir al-Zahrani area, Abu Hassan Alaa, a senior commander in Hezbollah's Badr Unit, was killed.
Following the attack on the soldiers, the Prime Minister's Office issued an unusual English-language statement accusing Hezbollah of using civilians as human shields, after Lebanese authorities reported that 11 people had been killed in the Israeli strikes. The United States backed Israel, with a State Department spokesperson saying Hezbollah bore sole responsibility for the Israeli military presence on Lebanese soil and that the terrorist organization must be disarmed to ensure long-term stability.
Hamas, Hezbollah coordinating attacks with Iran as IDF warns of rebuilt ‘axis of evil’
Hamas and Hezbollah have begun coordinating their increased activity with Iranian assistance in recent weeks, the IDF has assessed, as the military has identified increased friction between Israeli forces and terrorists on both the northern and southern fronts.
The IDF has expressed that the coordination is likely an effort to rebuild its axis of evil that would increase pressure on Israel.
According to a military source, a ‘battle of wits’ is taking place around the Ali Taher ridge between the Northern Command and Hezbollah.
The terrorist organization is trying to determine where IDF troops are positioned, and when it detects movement, it attempts to attack in a "gray area," as it did early Saturday morning with a fiber-optic drone. Three soldiers from the IDF's Yahalom special engineering unit, operating under the Commando Brigade combat team, were wounded as a result.
At the same time, according to reports, Hezbollah is attempting to resupply its operatives who are trapped in underground infrastructure. The IDF, meanwhile, is trying to locate Hezbollah infrastructure and terrorists on the Ali Taher ridge and destroy them.
"Whoever comes out of the underground and surrenders will be taken for questioning in Israel, and whoever remains underground will either die, or we will kill him," a senior military source said.
The Northern Command is also conducting a complex intelligence effort to locate all hidden supply routes and drone activity intended to resupply Hezbollah operatives in the area.
"We are blocking access to the area where they are located. They will not be able to hold out forever," a senior military source familiar with the details said.
According to reports, the operatives have been emerging from underground to search for food.
"What happened on Saturday was that they exposed us with a drone. Whoever is more determined will win. A lot of patience is needed," the source added.
In response, the IDF struck in the Nabatieh area and within territory under the IDF's operational control. Beirut and senior officials from the Shi'ite organization who are hiding there have remained off-limits due to a US demand.