Monday, February 16, 2026

Trump: Board of Peace Nations Pledge $5 Billion, Thousands of Personnel for Gaza Security


Trump: Board of Peace Nations Pledge $5 Billion, Thousands of Personnel for Gaza Security



U.S. President Donald Trump announced Sunday that countries participating in his Gaza “Board of Peace” have pledged more than $5 billion toward humanitarian relief and reconstruction efforts in the Gaza Strip, along with committing thousands of personnel to support new security arrangements in the enclave.

In a post on Truth Social, Trump said the commitments will be formally unveiled on Feb. 19 at the Donald J. Trump Institute of Peace in Washington, where he serves as chairman of the Board of Peace.

According to the president, member states have agreed to fund large-scale humanitarian and rebuilding initiatives while also contributing forces to an international stabilization mission and a local police framework designed to maintain order and protect Gaza’s civilian population.

“The Board of Peace has unlimited potential,” Trump wrote, describing it as “the most consequential International Body in History.” He added that the initiative was born out of his proposal to permanently end the Gaza conflict — a plan he said received unanimous approval from the United Nations Security Council last October.

Trump credited the framework with accelerating humanitarian aid deliveries and securing the release of all living and deceased hostages earlier in the ceasefire process. He also noted that two dozen founding members formally launched the board last month during meetings in Davos, Switzerland, outlining a broader vision that he said could extend “far beyond Gaza — WORLD PEACE.”

Central to the plan is the deployment of an international stabilization force tasked with overseeing security and facilitating the disarmament of Hamas under Phase 2 of the U.S.-brokered ceasefire.

Trump stressed that Hamas must comply with what he called a commitment to “Full and Immediate Demilitarization,” describing it as a non-negotiable condition for reconstruction and long-term stability.

Separate sources involved with the Board of Peace told Israel’s public broadcaster KAN News that the process of dismantling Hamas’ military capabilities could begin as early as March. The initial phase is expected to coincide with the rollout of a National Committee for the Administration of Gaza — a technocratic governing body designed to assume civil administrative responsibilities in the territory.

Officials familiar with the discussions say the committee would help create the framework necessary for coordinating reconstruction funds, local governance, and international security forces.

While Trump did not publicly identify which countries have committed personnel, reports indicate delegations from more than 20 nations are expected to attend the Washington meeting. Indonesia’s military confirmed Sunday that it is preparing up to 8,000 troops by late June for a potential peace and humanitarian mission — the first major public troop commitment tied to the proposed force.





No comments:

Post a Comment