By Jan Markell
Our planet is terminal but believers are not. In fact, believers today may be the terminal generation in that we are likely the generation that will soon exit. The prominent signs that tell us so are everywhere.
Jesus chastised the Pharisees for not being able to discern the signs of His first coming. So why would God not want us to be watching for indicators of His soon return?
Sure, many of the signs manifest during the Tribulation, but they are casting a giant shadow now. To the Christian, they are a herald of His coming and to the unbeliever, they are a warning that they are running out of time.
But there are specific signs for the Church Age that we should be keeping an eye on! Nations are aligning as predicted. There is a great apostasy taking place. Israel and all activity surrounding her are the super-signs. The convergence of many events is also a super-sign forming now.
I heard one preacher say, "I am no longer looking for signs -- I am listening for sounds!" Those sounds would be a shout and a trumpet.
Here are just some of the 15 signs I look at:
- The renewed worldwide calls for peace and security (I Thess. 5:2-4).
- The business-as-usual mindset that is a global phenomenon. People are enjoying life, money, pleasure, and entertainment, and not paying attention.
- There is an intensified mocking and scoffing as it concerns the glorious news that the King is coming (II Peter 3:3). Most churches will not deal with this topic. The pre-Trib Rapture is also under unusual attack. The truth of our glorious hope is squelched.
- I did not think I would live to see the rise in wickedness, lawlessness, strong delusion, the decline in the character of mankind, and the obsession with the love of money. Additionally, the love of the aberrant. Who would have thought little girls would have to share a bathroom with potential killers? (II Timothy 3; Romans 1; Matthew 24) The aberrant is the new normal.
- The new technology and the tech giants are preparing a system they will hand over to the Antichrist. Soon robots may have better conversations with you than humans.
- Tremendous renewed interest in the re-building of the third Temple in Jerusalem. All elements are prepared from the priests to their garments to utensils.
- The longing for a world leader -- perhaps a single authority who could make all the wrongs right again. There is a push for a universal income and "social justice" around the world. The longing for a "savior."
- We have an unconventional Pope who is always making headlines. If Rome is "Mystery Babylon" as many believe, a Pope could play a major role today.
- There is a renewed call for a world without borders and global government (Revelation 13). The globalists are just waiting for a global crisis. How about the Rapture?
- The Bible talks far more about end-time apostasy than any revival. Today, some churches literally teach the doctrines of demons (I Timothy 4:1).
These are just a partial listing of the 15 signs I feel are a flashing light that the hour is late. Things are all coming together. The players are on a divine chess board and God is moving the players in a masterful way. The road map is the Bible
This should challenge us to live holy in an unholy age. Every time we see something falling into place we should acknowledge that it is a faith builder. God has a glorious future for us and He is telling us in advance.