Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Updates From San Bernadino

San Bernardino Police Scanner: "Middle Eastern male with long beard, tactical shorts and a backpack”

The vast majority of reports are indicating that San Bernardino police are searching for one to three white males who escaped in a dark SUV.
An unconfirmed report published by Brietbart may dispute this claim. According to Breitbart, a description captured on a San Bernardino police scanner says that the shooters responsible for the massacre that left upwards of 14 people dead may have been one or more middle eastern men:
This report remains unconfirmed and San Bernardino city officials said at a press conference at 2:00PM local time that they were still searching for three individuals in a black SUV who were heavily armed, probably with AK-47 or assault rifle style long guns.

San Bernardino law enforcement authorities report a mass shooting involving at least 20 victims just before 11 a.m. Pacific time. Local news reports suggest that there are between one and three suspects, wearing masks and possibly body armor as well.

5:40 p.m.: Local and federal law enforcement authorities are addressing a press conference. The new casualty numbers are 14 dead and 17 wounded. Two of the suspects are confirmed dead. A home linked to a suspect is being searched in Redlands–“very cautiously,” says the FBI, given the potential for booby traps. The FBI says that terrorism is a “possibility” but still not certain: “It is a possibility but we don’t know that yet. And we’re not wiling to go down that road yet.”
5:15 p.m.: CNN reports that the conference center at the Inland Regional Center, which is where the shooting took place, had been rented by San Bernadino County personnel for the purpose of holding an annual holiday party.
4:55 p.m.: CNN reports that a home in Redlands, CA is being searched and that one of the suspects apparently lives there. The reports of pipe bombs have been confirmed. The suspects apparently threw them from the SUV to distract police during the chase.
4:25 p.m.: Rick Serrano of the Los Angeles Times reports that federal officials believe the shooting is a kind of workplace dispute.
Federal officials also regarded the Fort Hood terror attack as workplace violence.

4:13 p.m.: Vicki Cervantes of the San Bernadino Police Department told reporters that one suspect is down, one being “dealt with,” and another possible being pursued. Another update is promised at 4:45 p.m. PST.
Meanwhile, California Gov. Jerry Brown has issued a simple statement: “Our thoughts and prayers are with the victims’ families and everyone affected by the brutal attack. California will spare no effort in bringing these killers to justice.” He also ordered flags at the State Capitol lowered to half-staff.
One report indicates that ISIS supporters are celebrating the attack on Twitter.
3:55 p.m.: Police scanner reports one suspect as “female Arabic.” Neighbors are calling police to report a fleeing suspect with an orange shirt and camouflage pants. Gov. Jerry Brown has canceled this evening’s Christmas tree-lighting ceremony, according to the Sacramento Bee.
3:52 p.m.: One reporter says that all the suspects are “dead or in custody.” But police scanners are humming with reports of suspects seen at the local Rite-Aid, the Wells Fargo parking lot, and in other locations, some apparently wearing masks. Police want people to stay in their homes.

No comments: