Thursday, December 22, 2011

U.S. Jets Enter Iranian Airspace?

This story isn't being picked up yet by many sources (it may be tomorrow), and apparently it is coming from the IRNA (Iranian news agency), so some skepticism should be warranted. Still, this is worth watching to see if anything develops. If true, this could represent a significant development:

U.S. Jets Enter Iranian Airspace, Oil depot Bombed

The Iranian news agency IRNA reported today that a U.S. missile hit an oil depot in the southwest village of Abadan on Wednesday. IRNA said British and American jets had entered Iranian airspace several times.

In addition to the oil depot attack, two rockets reportedly hit the village of Manyuhi near the border of Iraq’s al-Faw Peninsula near the Persian Gulf and the Iraqi city of Basra.

“In the border city of Arvand-Kenar, the invading American and British airplanes violated the airspace of the Islamic Republic of Iran three times,” a commander told the Islamic Republic News Agency.

No details were released on damage to the oil depot.


Also see:

US Missiles "Hit Iranian Village"

We'll be watching this situation closely for any developments.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Scott said...

Thanks a lot - I'll look into this. A good reason to be skeptical indeed!

Scott said...

Anon
I went to that site and I couldn't find any references to the article (?). Do you have a more specific link?

I did see, however, someone trying to pin the date of the Rapture at Dec 24, so that makes me somewhat skeptical of that site in a general sense. There were some other doctrinal things that I don't really agree with as well. I'm not sure I would necessarily trust this site over the one linked here (and I have stated a healthy dose of skepticism is warranted anyway until we see other sources)...Having said that, I'm open to seeing an appropriate resource and if so, I'll pull this article. Thanks,
S

Anonymous said...

This story does not exist on IRNA website.

Anonymous said...

I have checked the archives for 2003 still cannot find any report of this in IRNA news. However IRNA has been known to publish news and then retract it. Still I think this is conspiracy.

Alice said...

Scott, I went there too, and saw what you saw. I wonder...Was someone perhaps trolling for new folks for their website?

Scott said...

ALICE - most likely. My thoughts as well.

Caver said...

Annon, you need to give us more specifics to finding the date you referenced in the opening post.

Otherwise, this looks like a troll attempt to direct this blog to a site with flawed teaching. Way too much of that in the world now.

What in the world about "not knowing the date or time" is so hard to understand. Its a terrible witness, just ask Harold Camping.