It amazes me when I encounter someone who spits out the mantra given by the main-stream-media (MSM) regarding the Middle-East, specifically the current situation in Israel. For reasons that escape me - most people I encounter have opinions on the situation in and around Israel that are not fact-based nor grounded in reality. When I attempt to dig a little deeper to discover the root of their views, I typically discover that such individuals have no idea of the history in the region, the basis of the current borders around Israel, nor do they have any idea of the different invasions of Israel, which have always happened unexpectedly, at times when Israeli's were living peacefully. The first such attack was almost immediately after the 1948 announcement of Israel's becoming a nation. Israel's survival of this first attack was clearly "supernatural", but thats another story.
For an interesting and fact-based website regarding the six-day war of 1967, this link is excellent: "The Six-Day War: Causes and Consequences".
There was never a country called "Palestine". There was never a language of "Palestine". There was never a "President" of Palestine. The "disputed" regions - the so-called "occupied" regions - were actually land areas previously under the domain of Jordan, Egypt and Syria. Each of these countries participated in the massive, unexpected troop build-up and subsequent attacks on Israeli borders, and these land areas were reclaimed by Israel as they fought to defend themselves. These land areas were never part of some mythical country called "Palestine".
Additionally, after these wars were fought, Egypt, Syria and Jordan did nothing to attempt to reintegrate their citizens back into their lands. No, that would have effectively solved many of the problems we have today with the newly named "Palestinians", a mixture of Jordanians, Syrians, and Egyptians - who now serve the political purposes of those who desire to destroy Israel (by force). By attempting to show that this group of people ("Palestinians") are living in land "occupied" by Israel, these unfortunate Palestinians have become pawns in the ever-present effort to destroy Israel.
Why doesn't Israel simply give up this "disputed" land and end the problems?
1. As mentioned before and seen in yesterday's blog - the surrounding terrorists groups, including the PA, Hamas, Hezbollah, Fatah (as supported by Iran), etc., have made it clear that their only intention is to destroy Israel, and they don't want peace. The MSM and politicians ignore this rather obvious fact.
2. It is impossible to create a true peace deal, considering #1 above.
3. The land under "dispute" is VERY important from a military perspective. If Israel were to give up the Golan Heights and the West Bank, they would be vulnerable to yet another massive attack by their enemies. The same enemies who are sworn to destroy Israel. This is part of an overall strategy to destroy Israel. Once the terrorists groups become embedded in these areas, another invasion into Israel would be far more effective. THAT is the end-game of the so-called "land dispute".
4. Also, as mentioned before, if the ONLY path to "peace" is Israel giving up their land - or AKA - the "pre-1967 borders" -- then WHY DID THEY ATTACK IN 1967 WHEN THEY HAD THESE BORDERS? Why? Because its a lie. I repeat - the surrounding terrorist groups and terrorist sponsored states ONLY want to see Israel completely destroyed. This isn't my speculation, this is a matter of public record. In fact, these groups (Hamas, Hezbollah, PA, Fatah, Iran and Syria) have repeated endlessly that they want Israel completely destroyed. The ONLY people not getting that overt message are the MSM, the politically-correct politicians and the people who only read the MSM's constant lies, and believe them.
5. Ezekiel 36-39 makes it clear that Israel's regathering in the land of Israel is part of God's overall plan. God made it clear that HE would return the Nation of Israel back to their land. The restoration of Israel's land is also part of God's plan. This land was granted to Israel BY GOD Himself, in an everlasting, unconditional covenant (Genesis 12:2-3 and Genesis 15). Also - God Himself will personally destroy the surrounding enemies of Israel:
"I will execute judgment upon him with plague and bloodshed: I will pour down torrents of rain, hailstones and burning sulfur on him and the many nations with him. And so I will show my greatness and my holiness, and I will make myself known in the sight of many nations. Then they will know that I am the Lord." (Ezekiel 38:22-23)
"I will display my glory among the nations, and all the nations will see the punishment I inflict and the hand I lay upon them" (Ezekiel 39:21)
Isn't it crystal clear where GOD stands on the Middle-East situation? God Himself granted this land to Israel. God Himself has brought Israel back to their land. And God Himself will destroy the enemies who currently surround Israel - those groups who are attempting in every conceivable way, to destroy Israel.
If this isn't enough - we also have the prophecies (warnings?) of Zechariah 12 - which have been discussed so many times on
this forum - those scriptures which clearly state - that the nations who attempt to divide Israel and attempt to "move" Jerusalem away from Israel will be "cut into pieces".
Could God be ANY more clear on where HE stands regarding the current situation in the Middle East?
If God Himself will defend Israel... If God Himself states clearly that the nations should NOT attempt to divide Israel and destroy Israel's sovereignty over their land and Jerusalem -- then who are we -- out of a sense of "political correctness" to argue against God's desire?
God's position is clear. I'm siding with God. Period.
Does this line of reasoning indicate that Israel is perfect and sin free?
Does this line of reasoning dictate that ALL "Palestinians" are "bad people"?
Of course not. In fact, God makes it clear that He is defending Israel and Israeli land for HIS NAME. God is perfectly aware that Israel was "in exile for their sin because they were unfaithful" and God deals with Israel based on their "uncleanness and their offenses" (Ezekiel 39:23-24).
According to God Himself: "When I have brought them back from the nations and have gathered them from the countries of their enemies, I will show myself holy through them in the sight of many nations. Then they will know that I am the Lord their God, for though I sent them into exile among the nations, I will gather them to their own land..." (Ezekiel 39:27).
Below is a very nice video summary of this situation as provided by Hal Lindsey:
Hal Lindsey Video Link.
The MSM, Israel's enemies, terrorist groups, and anyone desiring to be "politically correct" (as determined by the MSM) and desires to see Israel divided, Jerusalem divided, Israeli land given away, etc. -- are directly opposing God. Period. It is a hard truth, but it is a truth given in the Bible.
Who's side are you on?